S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

J2 Engineering s2k exhaust

Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default J2 Engineering s2k exhaust

I am looking at a very moderately priced exhaust for the s2k from J2 engineering. Does anyone have any reviews/opinions? There seems to be nothing about this exhaust on the forum anywhere. Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-01-09-S2...8e69b5&vxp=mtr

It seems to have a sizable mid-muffler/resonator and the dual mufflers are the Helmholtz-resonated types. Presumably a straight through airflow design. Anyone have this? Does it drone? How loud is it? What is the weight? I can't find any comments or data anywhere.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I am curious to see how this fits and sounds, I personally do not have this.

I have the Buddy Club Spec II. I am very happy with it. it does not drone to bad. Just loud. #WakeTheDead

Old 11-06-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have yet to see one on an s2000 but this brand seems to be popular on the FRS/BRZ's.

I'm interested in hearing one with the double helmholtz resonators.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if I get it I will be the guinea pig! Anyone else?
Old 11-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the description. Dyno proven to instantly increases 15 to 25 horsepower or low end torque . Wonder how they made an exhaust that increases one or the other lol. It looks cool and I'm also curious how it sounds.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sophotrope
So if I get it I will be the guinea pig! Anyone else?

Likely. If you haven't noticed on here, if it ain't JDM tight, it ain't right.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We never got an answer on this but after extensive research i haven't found an exhaust I like...

Seems every single exhaust is at on end of the spectrum, and none are in the middle. Skunk are incredibly loud, N1 i've heard and has too much drone for my liking, q300 is barely louder than stock, etc.

I personally did the uk mod, and was pretty disappointed that i spent money to be just BARELY different than stock, so my next purchase i hope i'll not waste money again...

All that being said, I think i'm going to go with an ebay exhaust, simply so that if i'm not happy, at least i'll have not spent much. Because i'd hate to spend alot on a quality built exhuast, but one that sounds close to stock...i want to hear the money i've spent lol.

tl;dr: this exhaust is pretty new on the market, priced right between a cheap $150 exhaust and $600+name brand exhaust, and tbh i think the design looks really cool. That being said I might bite the bullet and be the guinea pig on this one.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:55 AM

What exactly are you looking for in an exhaust?
Old 11-14-2014, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline S2K
What exactly are you looking for in an exhaust?
For me personally, I want something directly in the mid-range of loudness, and leaning towards the higher notes in pitch, rather than the deeper notes.

At first I thought this was invidia q300, until I kept reading that it was very close in loudness to stock. Then I thought that

HKS dual would be in the middle, from all of the glowing reviews, but then I kept reading that with stock cat, it sounds close to stock as well.

I'm looking for something more than just a "tad" louder than stock, but not as loud as skunk or invidia N1 or buddy club. Seems like nothing is mid-range...

edit: and to add to the comments about this J2 exhaust, I did some research too and can confirm the frs/brz guys really love it...has nothing to do with our cars, but go checkout the youtube vids of this exhaust with quad tips for the frs, I'm pretty jealous, because it sounds amazing.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so what size of test pipe would you use?? 63mm or 70mm?? I need a new exhaust since my Berk is rattling so much.

Quick Reply: J2 Engineering s2k exhaust