S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

J37 big bore DBW throttle body for 06 AP2 installed

Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by K20z3allmotor
just got done doing some tuning on the car and it definitely pulls alot better up top. we will dyno the car at church on sat to get some numbers for everyone. we also added RDX injectors as this car will get cams later.

Nice. I'm assuming you are doing before and after dynos? Or just doing the one with it installed now?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K20z3allmotor
we will dyno the car at church
LOL
Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, i am/was the tester for the big bore TB but, im sold my car to my dad and he doesn't need the TB. i've been trying to sell it. I did dyno it but ran into issues of knocking. but when it was running good it was running great. after the dyno i have plans for a retune and other stuff. but i got accepted into dental school which has taken up all of my time. so i have decided to let the car go to my dad and return it back to stock. i dont believe there to be a difference in TB company (skunk, oem) if it is the same size, then nothing else matters. it's not like an exhaust with different bends, weights, muffler, resonators, etc. the 80mm TB did make a sizable difference when i used it in racing, drag and autox.

but good luck on your build/project. something else i notice. that TB you are using doesn't seem to have coolant lines for it. thats good.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:38 PM

Installed and tuned. The car idles and drives great! The owner can speak for himself on this respect.

The car made about 222-223whp @ Do-It Dyno (heart breaker dynojet) that is 14% lower than Church Automotive's Dynapack (I tuned 6 cars on Do-It dyno's dyno Friday, then did power pulls at Church with each car on Saturday and each one was consistently 14% higher at Church). We know Church's #'s are a bit high, but not 14% high, so it's safe to say this S2k is about 235whp or so on a non-heart breaker 'jet (you can argue that they all read the same, but I have used different dynojets all along the west coast over the years and they *all* read a bit different).

Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is great thanks to k20z3allmotor and vit.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 AM

hey man, i hate to be the one to say it. but you should post the before and after dyno. just posting up numbers doesn't mean alot. well it does mean that the car can make power, but more importantly, it doesn't show the gain of the mod. i can easily post my numbers and show that i made about the same power but it doesn't mean that it was all because the throttle body. it would also be a little more beneficial if the x-axis is in rpm and not in mph. but judging from the graph it looks like you decreased vtec to aboy 3800ish and increased redline to 8500.

but as always, good job on the work.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ans2k
hey man, i hate to be the one to say it. but you should post the before and after dyno. just posting up numbers doesn't mean alot. well it does mean that the car can make power, but more importantly, it doesn't show the gain of the mod. i can easily post my numbers and show that i made about the same power but it doesn't mean that it was all because the throttle body. it would also be a little more beneficial if the x-axis is in rpm and not in mph. but judging from the graph it looks like you decreased vtec to aboy 3800ish and increased redline to 8500.

but as always, good job on the work.

your right, but we did not have the time or even able to use the same dyno as before to compare power levels or gains. either was it is very good power for a car with such a restrictive intake, j's racing intake is more for response than all out power. once i complete a 3.5 inch CAI i will redyno and retune at the same dyno we used to measure baseline.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

skip the 3.5 inch intake.. go straight to a 4 inch.. you'll make a good bit more at 4 inch vs 3.5
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by wadzii
skip the 3.5 inch intake.. go straight to a 4 inch.. you'll make a good bit more at 4 inch vs 3.5
4 inch might be to much, and fitment will not be possible
Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have not had any issues with 4 inch intakes in my ap1 or any other s2k I have built one for.