Oh jeez I just realized you're Gary from Design Craft. Well if anyone can it should be you
VTC for sure would be an advantage, I just think nobody on here has tried it yet because most people aren't full on road racers and this would be something that would involve a lot of custom work, time, and money.
I think the easiest way to make this work would be to get a K20 head on the F20 block. If there was a way to modify the F20 head to use the VTC system that would be nice but due to things lining up and space I just don't see it possible.
I know there is a build out there with a H22 block and K20 head, and given the similarities between the F20 and H22 block it should be possible. Using a modified K timing chain (I believe the K deck height is taller), crankshaft, and k20 head it should be possible.
Some of my random thoughts:
- This wouldn't be worth it unless you made a custom intake manifold or could get the S2000 IM to bolt onto the K head.
- You would want head work and larger valves in the K head as they are smaller than the F20 head
- A lot more aftermarket cam choices with the K series head
- Would want to use the K20A head as it has 3 cam lobes on intake and exhaust.
- The K series and F series head gasket are the same part number
If you wanna assemble my F24C block you can borrow it for research LOL