S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Urge / Endyn engine failure

Old 02-16-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm just saying there's a difference between a street car setup and a car that gets new bearings once in awhile, cause it's strictly drag and gets refreshed.

Most f2x STOCK FI high output engines usually fail in other areas, not necessarily bearing failures (strictly from bearing clearance), and if it does; it usually can be attributed to something else or be a cause of. Ie. Running a hot setup on low weight oils (and it shearing), detonation (bad tank of gas or tune) Running outside of operating temps, or just plain high mileage, I mean even EVOs and STIs are getting tired at the 80-115k range (props to Honda lol) with your setup I can deftly reason with you wanting to add a lil. so ya I would probably want to add a lil on both sides of the mains and then a touch more in the middle for crank flex. But mainly it's how well u do on getting consistency between them all, and how well your rods can pull heat from the bearings, and how perfect they are round. A good harmonic balancer, it all adds up and helps.

if u have a temp and pressure gauge once done then u can evaluate where u stand on different weights that your Comfortable with at operating temperature.

Oils the only thing that makes ALL of this possible.
Make it work for you, don't work around it. If u make it to loose you lose pressure AND flow ultimately anyways so. GL! You should contact some high output guys on the FI side, with some shade on there build of course. > I know this thread is old but feel it's lived it's day lol.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yes I have done my homework about that topic. I will run aem infinity with a bosh knock sensor, aem fuel pressure sensor, oil temp and pressure, ait and map sensor all from aem . then will add an harmonic balancer aswell. I understand the importance of making the bearings clearance the most consistency between each other because if you run one more tight than the other , that one would be happy with a lighter oil grade and the others dont. I will mic everthing to make sure everything is almost the same, with a new crank I think it will be possible to do.
So usually is the rule to make the middle main bearing 0.0001 or 0.0002 more clearance than the others?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:10 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Way off topic guys.