S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

06+ Passenger Weight Sensor with Race Seat Solved - Sort of

Old 01-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Recaro PP here as well. If the weather permits this weekend (which I doubt), I'll have them pulled out.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ive been hugely procrastinating this mainly because that sensor hardware is on my old seats which are in a friends car. I need to jump on this because I have a feeling it would work.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Update to this thread;

Originally Posted by davidnyc
Second: Remove the security screws from the OEM seat holders to the OEM rails. There are three T25 screws for each side. There are two in the back and one in the front. The one in the front will break your T25 bit (actually it will break three of them until you figure out you have to just drill and dremel it out!!)
After breaking two T25 security bits, I used a heat gun aimed at the threads in the back to soften the glue, and it worked.
Thank you craftsman warranty for giving me my money back for the broken bits.

Originally Posted by davidnyc
Sixth step: This is where the "sort of" in the title comes in. I think you have to now go to the dealer or a body shop and they have to recalibrate the weight sensor with the special tool. Tripping the ABS reset light under the dash (and following the reset directions) does nothing.

So, I have not gone to the dealer and just right after I did this, I got car ADD and my car should be sold by the end of the week. Probably going to try and get an Elise/Exige sometime next year. If someone does this and gets it reset and the dealer and it works, please add it to this thread.
After mounting the seat into the car with everything plugged in, I sat in the passenger seat and took the ignition to accessory where the SRS, center airbag, lights did their initial illumination and then extinguished. I then went to the drivers seat and started the car. All lights are normal and extinguished as they should be. I have not had to take the car to the dealer to recalibrate the sensors... yet.
The following users liked this post:
Afterfire (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks b5boy, I have renewed interest to get this light to go away again and I think this weekend will be it.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently in the process of doing this haha. Been driving around for a week with no passenger seat because I've been lazy with tearing apart the seat rail. Just a quick question but the airbag light on my cluster is currently lit is that from the driver side or the passenger not being there? My driver side sensor is just laying on the floor if that makes a diff2
Old 02-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

That sounds like a diffeeent issue though. I'm not the best one to ask. I had a Honda engineer help me. But my guess is that it doesn't sound right
Old 02-23-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwiflavored
Currently in the process of doing this haha. Been driving around for a week with no passenger seat because I've been lazy with tearing apart the seat rail. Just a quick question but the airbag light on my cluster is currently lit is that from the driver side or the passenger not being there? My driver side sensor is just laying on the floor if that makes a diff2
passenger. Driver's is ok to just leave on the floor.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwiflavored
Drivers side is fine to just leave under the seat, the magnet will just stick to something.
You most likely have the SRS fault because you put the car into accessory without anything connected to the sensing unit on the passenger side.
I am not 100% sure, but even if you re-connect the sensors & sensing unit with the stock seat installed, the SRS light will still be illuminated. You may need to put the stock seat in w/ the sensors connected and then reset the SRS system [using HDS or equivalent] to extinguish the SRS light; or just recalibrate it like how others have recommended from the get-go. Not 100% sure though..
Old 02-24-2017, 03:36 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I've driven my car a few times with passenger seat in and out and from my experience even if you drive the car with stuff disconnected the light should go off as soon as it's all plugged back in. That was at least my experience with it.

I still have my OEM 06 rails sitting around that I need to try this with one of these days.
The following users liked this post:
E90den (05-02-2019)
Old 02-24-2017, 05:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also just a note: I just bought BC rails for my swap and the AP2 passenger rail is different looking from the original post. The difference being that
1. there is a bar also welded in in between the two "feet"
2. there are no convenient holes that are pre drilled into the rail

So what I plan on doing is cutting the welds off the feet and middle bar then drill holes that line up to the two security torque holes on the oem rail. What makes it a bit more annoying than it is already is that within the "feet" and bar there are holes in the pieces that they added tact welds into....

Quick Reply: 06+ Passenger Weight Sensor with Race Seat Solved - Sort of