S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Help with seat selection

Old 11-10-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Help with seat selection

I am 6'2'' 203 lbs. Pant waste is a 34 or 33 snug. Shoulder width is more than average. I have a RSG double diagonal roll bar and bulkhead bar with full interior in a AP1. I would like to do minimal adjustment to tranny tunnel, door or seat. Can I get away with using a Bride Vios III or should I go with something else and make the adjustments to the car. The main thing I don't want to do is trim anything on the door.

Any places in NorCal where I can try out seats? I live in Sacramento.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm pretty much your exact size and spent a long time researching and trying seats out. I made use of Wine Country Motorsports at Sonoma Raceway to try out their OMP, Sparco, Cobra, and Momo seats. Also, people at meets are usually nice enough to let you try out their buckets.

In the end, I bought Sparco Ergo Mediums. They're just a tad small but much better than most, especially in the height department. I found most Recaros and all Bride seats to be too small for me, typically the shoulder holes were too low and the head rest did not come up high enough. I haven't installed the seats yet so we'll see how they fit, but on paper it seems they'll fit fine.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by LeonV
I'm pretty much your exact size and spent a long time researching and trying seats out. I made use of Wine Country Motorsports at Sonoma Raceway to try out their OMP, Sparco, Cobra, and Momo seats. Also, people at meets are usually nice enough to let you try out their buckets.

In the end, I bought Sparco Ergo Mediums. They're just a tad small but much better than most, especially in the height department. I found most Recaros and all Bride seats to be too small for me, typically the shoulder holes were too low and the head rest did not come up high enough. I haven't installed the seats yet so we'll see how they fit, but on paper it seems they'll fit fine.
Thanks Leon. What rails are you going with? Do you foresee any issues with the install? Any potential rubbing areas? Im cool with adjusting everything but messing with the door panel. Also when will yours be in so I can sit in it haha.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:39 PM

I have PCI adjustable rails waiting to be installed. The only issue I'm foreseeing is getting the rear-inside seat bolt in, since I'll need the seat pretty far back. Hopefully no rubbing issues but I can't say until I install the seat.

However, I need to source a motor first. Give me a shout if you're ever in the San Bruno area.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the RSG double diagonal and rocking the Recaro Pole Position and its great. Very comfortable seat and no trimming to anything required for a perfect fit
Old 11-11-2016, 06:18 AM

Track hero,

what are your dimensions?
Old 11-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by S2000_916
Track hero,

what are your dimensions?
FYI, Recaro PP is too small for me and likely for you. Doesn't hurt to try one out though.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:25 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

If you are only going to use stock seat belt the Recaro PP is a great choice and should fit you well.
The shoulder holes on this seat is unfortunately way to low for any multi point harness though.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:29 PM

The problem with the Recaro PP for my body, putting aside the shoulder harness holes, is that the top of the seat barely reaches the bottom of my head.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I'm at similar height and I don't have any problems with that, I guess it's due to different upper body height so as always best to try for yourself

Quick Reply: Help with seat selection