S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount. No hammer install.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:36 PM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount. No hammer install.

After doing a bunch of research on this forum on Halo seats, I found most needed massaging the tunnel, cutting the door card, or other modifications to get in. I ended up purchasing a Sparco Circuit 2 LF from OG Racing to replace my Recaro Pole Position. It took a few tries in and out with the seat to get it in good but I was able to get it mounted all the way back (I'm 6' tall)) and low as possible (2nd hole from the bottom) without any modifications to the tunnel or the door card.

The PCI mount had a lot of adjustability and I was very happy with the quality.

A couple of notes about the install:

Mount the side mounts on the seat then place it on the PCI mount bottom bracket. Keep the left and right adjustment bolts loose. Once it is in the car you can move it left/right and forward/backward as you need to make it fit. My seat ended up being pushed to the maximum amount it could go to the driver side left. Take the whole setup out and torque the adjustment bolts to 35-40ft lbs.

I put the seat back in and tightened everything up. The driver side right rear bolt is a major pain to get in. I used all new grade 8 seat hardware to install the seat. It took me about a half hour to get that last bolt on. To get it in, I snugged down all the seat bolts and left the back right one out. I then came from underneath the car and put the bolt in from the bottom to align the seat rail with the factory hole. I then put weight in the seat and tightened the 3 remaining bolts. I then took the bolt out from the bottom. Now that everything was aligned, I was easily to get the last bolt in.

With the seat all the way low and all the way back, it was just touching the door card. I could shut the door but it would slightly deflect the seat. The seat was also just touching the roll bar. Once I put the hardtop on, there was slight contact with the hardtop plastic and it very slightly deflected the seat. I latched it down and to my surprise that very little deflection allowed the door to now close without issue.

I'm very happy with the seat. The cushion is really thick and I'm going to order a low profile one but other then that, the seat is comfortable and supportive and I feel a lot more comfortable having Halo.
Attached Thumbnails Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount.  No hammer install.-img_0726.jpg-2.jpeg   Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount.  No hammer install.-img_0728.jpg.jpeg   Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount.  No hammer install.-img_0731.jpg.jpeg   Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount.  No hammer install.-img_0734.jpg.jpeg  

Last edited by Sickdayracing; 02-18-2017 at 08:38 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Sickdayracing:
.Boston. (10-26-2021), Chibo (05-21-2017), Snowmants (02-20-2017), Xene (03-03-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 04:37 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Happen to have a pic of the sub belts mounted to the PCI or did you go to the chassis?
Old 02-20-2017, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by freq

Happen to have a pic of the sub belts mounted to the PCI or did you go to the chassis?

Chassis since thats how I already had them with my last seat.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow good work! this is really interesting as i am also a taller driver (6'2" 200lbs with 34" waist) and interested in a halo seat. Are the shoulder harness pass throughs on the seat back much higher than on the recaro PP? I feel like the ones on the PP are too low for me. Also have you ever sat in a sparco EVO 2 (used to be called EVO2 Plus)? If so, how does it compare fit wise? That seat fit me like a glove.

EDIT....So did some further research and looks like the sparco Circuit/Circuit 2 have shorter seat backs than the EVO2--although the Circuit 2 might still be taller than the Recaro Pole Position. Did you happen to look at the Ergo/Ergo 2? that one looks to be more similar in size to the Evo/Evo 2 but has a halo.

Last edited by Snowmants; 02-20-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmants
Wow good work! this is really interesting as i am also a taller driver (6'2" 200lbs with 34" waist) and interested in a halo seat. Are the shoulder harness pass throughs on the seat back much higher than on the recaro PP? I feel like the ones on the PP are too low for me. Also have you ever sat in a sparco EVO 2 (used to be called EVO2 Plus)? If so, how does it compare fit wise? That seat fit me like a glove.

EDIT....So did some further research and looks like the sparco Circuit/Circuit 2 have shorter seat backs than the EVO2--although the Circuit 2 might still be taller than the Recaro Pole Position. Did you happen to look at the Ergo/Ergo 2? that one looks to be more similar in size to the Evo/Evo 2 but has a halo.
I'm 6'0 200lbs and a 34" waist size. I have a Evo Plus sitting in my garage and it is way to big for me. It is side wide that I slide around too much in it to provide good support.

I'll check the shoulder harness pass throughs later since I still have a Pole Position in my passenger side.
The following users liked this post:
Snowmants (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 06:08 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmants
Just to clarify, I think the old evo 2 plus is now the EVO 2 US. Sparco's older naming system was confusing as hell. Now they have 4 sizes, EVO, EVO2, EVO2 US, and EVO 3. If you want an EVO 2 I got a brand new one I'll let go for cheap. I know you're semi-local.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which PCI rails are you using? The slider or fixed?
Old 02-21-2017, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by srproductions
I'm 6'0 200lbs and a 34" waist size. I have a Evo Plus sitting in my garage and it is way to big for me. It is side wide that I slide around too much in it to provide good support.

I'll check the shoulder harness pass throughs later since I still have a Pole Position in my passenger side.

If you could get a measurement of the PP and the Circuit 2 from the seat bottom (not the cushion as cushion density will effect how much it crushes down when seated) up to the bottom of the shoulder harness holes that would be awesome! I am interested to see how the 2 compare in terms of the height at which the harnesses come through the seat back. I would only ask you to do the measurment on the CIRCUIT 2 given I have PPs in my car, but i want to be sure the way you measure them is the same so it is an apples to apples comparison. HUGE THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Just to clarify, I think the old evo 2 plus is now the EVO 2 US. Sparco's older naming system was confusing as hell. Now they have 4 sizes, EVO, EVO2, EVO2 US, and EVO 3. If you want an EVO 2 I got a brand new one I'll let go for cheap. I know you're semi-local.
No, the old EVO 2 Plus was wider AND taller (hence the "plus"). it corresponds most closely to the current EVO 2 in terms of height of the shoulder harness pass throughs in the seat back. The current EVO 2 US is WIDER but not as TALL as the current EVO 2.

Also, thanks for the offer, but I am really looking for a seat with HALO when I get a new one. I have seen some crash videos that really demonstrated the importance of the halo seats in a side impact. I can't find the video now, but there was a guy in a spec e46 that went off turn 1 at VIR and hit the wall sideways and the in car video is pretty telling.

Last edited by Snowmants; 02-21-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Xene
Which PCI rails are you using? The slider or fixed?
The adjustable one. There is not slider on them.

Quick Reply: Sparco Circuit 2 LF Halo with PCI mount. No hammer install.