S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Thought on Fortune Auto 510 for the track?

Old 01-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
ohlins t the best street/track coil not the best track coil. They r too soft for the track. U need to have swift springs in them to have the preform the best. Never seen fortune auto with track guys and I compete in GTA in California.
I agree that ohlins are way too soft for the track, they may be the best riding in terms of comfort but HKS will blow ohlins out of the water. Im sure the entry level HKS (gt4) will turn faster times then the off the shelf ohlins dfv, I know for sure the HKS SP 4 will run laps around the ohlins. Both HKS coilovers are considerably cheaper then the ohlins, and lets not start the custom valving pissing match. All I am referring to is out of the box coils, also the HKS have a really good ride quality.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

the hks regular version r not that great but when u start creeping towards hypermax 3 and up thats a diffrent story. hypermax 3 and 4 are very good coils i dare to even say better than ohlin out the box. what is ur car mainly for? street cruiser? some track? i can help u out more if i got some more info as i have litterly drovr/rode all coil brands on track from jrz too even bags LOL.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by jr94513
I agree that ohlins are way too soft for the track, they may be the best riding in terms of comfort but HKS will blow ohlins out of the water. Im sure the entry level HKS (gt4) will turn faster times then the off the shelf ohlins dfv, I know for sure the HKS SP 4 will run laps around the ohlins. Both HKS coilovers are considerably cheaper then the ohlins, and lets not start the custom valving pissing match. All I am referring to is out of the box coils, also the HKS have a really good ride quality.
^
Old 01-02-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The car is mainly for the track. It's not a daily driver. Just a fun car to tinker with and take to the track. Are you referring to the hipermax iv SP? Why haven't they picked up steam with car guys. I hear about Ohlins all day. Maybe just being brand snobbish that's why many go with Ohlins?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:48 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by S2000_916
The car is mainly for the track. It's not a daily driver. Just a fun car to tinker with and take to the track. Are you referring to the hipermax iv SP? Why haven't they picked up steam with car guys. I hear about Ohlins all day. Maybe just being brand snobbish that's why many go with Ohlins?
ohlins r like volk te37 errone wants them cuz they too sexy and they are the most popular. but no one cared to find out that volk te37 still weight more than rpf1 when they r in the same size. The hks is like the wedsport tc, errone knows they are out there but no one really wants to give them a try. all im trying to get across is that the ohlin is a street/some times track kit. but as u just stated ur car is a track car. BC ZR,BC HR, HKS Hipermax 3 or 4, Tein mono flex and more are much better than the ohlins but u will not get that many penis points with them like the ohlins. The ohlins get better when u opt for their formula 1 custom series coils and those guys cost upward of 25k!! best bang for buck track focus coil is not the ohlin its one of those listed above or there are plenty other like jrz but these guys r pricey. hope that clears some stuff
The following users liked this post:
S2000_916 (01-03-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by S2000_916
Also the fortune auto is popular is the drift series but i have seen these guys compete in global time attack but they nevr seem to win.hmmm. i would like to give fortune auto a try. they are priced good too.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hipermax 3 have been discontinued YEARS ago. The regular hks for the s2k now are 4gt that has lower spring rates 8/7 f/r and the sp is 16k f/r. OP if your car is a track only car id say try out the hks.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
ohlins r like volk te37 errone wants them cuz they too sexy and they are the most popular. but no one cared to find out that volk te37 still weight more than rpf1 when they r in the same size. The hks is like the wedsport tc, errone knows they are out there but no one really wants to give them a try. all im trying to get across is that the ohlin is a street/some times track kit. but as u just stated ur car is a track car. BC ZR,BC HR, HKS Hipermax 3 or 4, Tein mono flex and more are much better than the ohlins but u will not get that many penis points with them like the ohlins. The ohlins get better when u opt for their formula 1 custom series coils and those guys cost upward of 25k!! best bang for buck track focus coil is not the ohlin its one of those listed above or there are plenty other like jrz but these guys r pricey. hope that clears some stuff
The following users liked this post:
copafeel87 (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 03:33 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have been using the 510's for a year now, did a couple track weekends and lots of autocrossing, even a 3k mile road trip on them.

First, the street, they were pretty compliant on the street, I went with pretty high spring rates on the swift springs, I think they were 14k/12k, I'll verify, so everyone I told was worried about it being too stiff. Well honestly it felt like it road like stock if not better than stock when on the street.

At autocross and track I didn't really adjust them much, was messing with my sway bars more than anything, but I think they were pretty amazing. At Gingerman HPDE, the only people I couldn't keep up with were a new corvette stingray and new corvette z06, so that was fun.

I live in Ohio so I liked the fact the fortune auto was "fairly" close to me in case I ever need to send them in for rebuild.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:15 AM

Try out the fortune auto if I'd like. They are priced couple hundreds over a be set but they are a great coil. But u want a hassle free coil that spins up the fastest lap times u can do, get a kit that u don't need to valv and spring in the next 5 weeks. Best bang for buck is hks or bc hr series. I think the cheapest ohlin is around 1700? Someone correct me on this.

Quick Reply: Thought on Fortune Auto 510 for the track?