S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Thought on Fortune Auto 510 for the track?

Old 01-03-2017, 01:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
ohlins r like volk te37 errone wants them cuz they too sexy and they are the most popular. but no one cared to find out that volk te37 still weight more than rpf1 when they r in the same size. The hks is like the wedsport tc, errone knows they are out there but no one really wants to give them a try. all im trying to get across is that the ohlin is a street/some times track kit. but as u just stated ur car is a track car. BC ZR,BC HR, HKS Hipermax 3 or 4, Tein mono flex and more are much better than the ohlins but u will not get that many penis points with them like the ohlins. The ohlins get better when u opt for their formula 1 custom series coils and those guys cost upward of 25k!! best bang for buck track focus coil is not the ohlin its one of those listed above or there are plenty other like jrz but these guys r pricey. hope that clears some stuff
Originally Posted by yessamgerg
Hahahahaha
Old 01-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by yessamgerg

damn didn't know there's that many butt hurt ppl here lol
Old 01-03-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Try out the fortune auto if I'd like. They are priced couple hundreds over a be set but they are a great coil. But u want a hassle free coil that spins up the fastest lap times u can do, get a kit that u don't need to valv and spring in the next 5 weeks. Best bang for buck is hks or bc hr series. I think the cheapest ohlin is around 1700? Someone correct me on this.
1700?
Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_916
1700?
cheapest ohlin is around 2k. Just checked
Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

If I was on that tight a budget for a car being tracked, I look at the Eibach Multi-Pro R2. They come with 16kg/mm springs. Compared with the Fortune 500/510 and DFV, these are not inserts allowing for a bigger (in this case 46mm) piston. Penskes have a 52mm piston. The Ohlins TTX36 has a 36mm piston. They are double adjustable with an external reservoir. For a lowered S2000 with gas pressure shocks, the external reservoir was import enough for Honda to include them on the OEM rear shocks at stock ride height. The rear reservoirs are piggyback on the shock, the fronts come with a cute bracket to mount them. This video shows them mounted:
. They are $2700 from board sponsor Evasive: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums . While the Eibach R2s are available for many makes, I believe Evasive is the sole source for the S2k version; I think they buy them in moderately large batches. This is Evasive's thread: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums . Price is $2700 and I believe they are made in the USA as are the Fortunes.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
If I was on that tight a budget for a car being tracked, I look at the Eibach Multi-Pro R2. They come with 16kg/mm springs. Compared with the Fortune 500/510 and DFV, these are not inserts allowing for a bigger (in this case 46mm) piston. Penskes have a 52mm piston. The Ohlins TTX36 has a 36mm piston. They are double adjustable with an external reservoir. For a lowered S2000 with gas pressure shocks, the external reservoir was import enough for Honda to include them on the OEM rear shocks at stock ride height. The rear reservoirs are piggyback on the shock, the fronts come with a cute bracket to mount them. This video shows them mounted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXisbj2f_DM . They are $2700 from board sponsor Evasive: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums . While the Eibach R2s are available for many makes, I believe Evasive is the sole source for the S2k version; I think they buy them in moderately large batches. This is Evasive's thread: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums . Price is $2700 and I believe they are made in the USA as are the Fortunes.

these eibachs are very good too. Another great coilover that out performs the base ohlin coil on track.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

If you want to talk $2700 range I'm sure you're in the range of Fortune Auto's "Dreadnaught Pro 2-way" coilovers, these do have an external resevoir
http://www.fortune-auto.com/pro2way.htm
Old 01-04-2017, 10:20 AM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
If I was on that tight a budget for a car being tracked, I look at the Eibach Multi-Pro R2. They come with 16kg/mm springs. Compared with the Fortune 500/510 and DFV, these are not inserts allowing for a bigger (in this case 46mm) piston. Penskes have a 52mm piston. The Ohlins TTX36 has a 36mm piston. They are double adjustable with an external reservoir. For a lowered S2000 with gas pressure shocks, the external reservoir was import enough for Honda to include them on the OEM rear shocks at stock ride height. The rear reservoirs are piggyback on the shock, the fronts come with a cute bracket to mount them. This video shows them mounted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXisbj2f_DM . They are $2700 from board sponsor Evasive: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums . While the Eibach R2s are available for many makes, I believe Evasive is the sole source for the S2k version; I think they buy them in moderately large batches. This is Evasive's thread: Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Evasive-Spec Exclusive - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums . Price is $2700 and I believe they are made in the USA as are the Fortunes.

these eibachs are very good too. Another great coilover that out performs the base ohlin coil on track.
The Ohlins DFV is also a 46mm piston, an insert style damper is very important to allow for independent ride height and preload adjustment. Many people will point to this design as allowing for much more stroke compared to a cartridge style which is true however a fixed mount damper doesn't use this stroke efficiently. Due to the lack of adjustment, fixed mount dampers rely on zero rate tender springs to set the static bumpstop clearance and ride height. By coupling these two items you cannot effectively set up your car. The extra stroke allowed by the fixed design is never utilized and is simply thrown away by the zero rate tender. A cartridge design allows the static bumpstop clearance to be set to properly utilize the bumpstop as a beneficial tuning tool while allowing ride height to be set to the correct height. Cartridge style dampers admittedly have less stroke but are able to utilize the stroke fully. The damper body size on the Eibach fits a 65mm spring so it has the same outer diameter constraint as the DFV.

These Eibachs at $2700 are almost 50% more than the base DFVs. For the same price as these Eibachs you can get DFVs custom valved to match any rate swift springs you would like. Also if you wait just a few more days we will be announcing a new product that will truly blow the Eibach Multi-Pro R2 out of the water.

***As a side note implying that the TTX36 is an inferior damper to the Penske 8300 due to the 36mm piston is very misleading as it is a twin tube design and therefor a smaller piston can actually perform much better (Also with the addition of a free piston is eliminates the downsides of a traditional twin tube design). A twin tube damper can generate the same damping force with a much smaller piston with lower gas pressure, friction and hysteresis than a much larger mono-tube design. Each design has certain trade offs but . Both are excellent dampers and either can be set up to perform phenomenally.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
These Eibachs at $2700 are almost 50% more than the base DFVs.
So you're saying Ohlins can be had for $1400?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
So you're saying Ohlins can be had for $1400?
I think he means $1800 + 50% = $2700.

Quick Reply: Thought on Fortune Auto 510 for the track?