S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

AP1 vs BRZ/FRS

Old 06-14-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AP1 vs BRZ/FRS

So I was on my way home from a birthday party last night. I'm on the freeway, coasting at a comfy 75mph, when all of a sudden I see headlights weaving in and out of traffic quickly in my rearview mirror. As the headlights get closer and eventually pass me, I notice it's a lowered yellow BRZ/FRS with a TRD bodykit and quad pipe dual exhaust. I then proceed to try to pace him, but the traffic is to the point where I don't want to endanger any of the other cars around me. I slow down; however, Mr. FRS thought otherwise, and was cutting cars left and right to avoid me.

Eventually, the traffic lightens up a little bit and I'm able to catch up to him. Now I know it's on. So we pace each other for a few seconds at about 70mph (yes, I know, a bit high for a roll race, but I could tell that he didn't want to slow down...bad move since I'd be in or around VTEC range), I downshift to 4th and do the three honks. We're off. Or at least I am. I'm putting carlengths on this yellow car, pulling harder and harder up to about 110mph and eventually slowing down. One thing I learned about those cars, is that they're SLOW AS BALLS. I mean, our S2000's aren't the fastest things out there, but I expected a little more fight from the FRS.

I guess the people in the FRS were mad as hell or embarrassed, because as they did the ricer flyby, the passenger shined a flashlight into my windshield. Either they never seen greatness before and wanted a better look, or they were trying to piss me off and blind me. No F*&@# were obliged. They continued going fast as I see the FRS weaving in and out of very light traffic again for no reason his taillights get fainter and fainter.

Chalk up another win for the good guys.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are extremely slow. My buddy has one and we mess around all the time. It's never close. It's weird they made them so slow. It will beat a newer civic SI. Which is sad I have seen it personally.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I hate those cars and there drivers . I was at red light and one comes up on me and revs his engine. I owned a turbo k24 at the time. I looked over at em and said "ur messing with the wrong honda" we were on a long stretch of open 2 lane road. I romped em so hard. Bus lengths
Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RUINER831
So I was on my way home from a birthday party last night. I'm on the freeway, coasting at a comfy 75mph, when all of a sudden I see headlights weaving in and out of traffic quickly in my rearview mirror. As the headlights get closer and eventually pass me, I notice it's a lowered yellow BRZ/FRS with a TRD bodykit and quad pipe dual exhaust. I then proceed to try to pace him, but the traffic is to the point where I don't want to endanger any of the other cars around me. I slow down; however, Mr. FRS thought otherwise, and was cutting cars left and right to avoid me.

Eventually, the traffic lightens up a little bit and I'm able to catch up to him. Now I know it's on. So we pace each other for a few seconds at about 70mph (yes, I know, a bit high for a roll race, but I could tell that he didn't want to slow down...bad move since I'd be in or around VTEC range), I downshift to 4th and do the three honks. We're off. Or at least I am. I'm putting carlengths on this yellow car, pulling harder and harder up to about 110mph and eventually slowing down. One thing I learned about those cars, is that they're SLOW AS BALLS. I mean, our S2000's aren't the fastest things out there, but I expected a little more fight from the FRS.

I guess the people in the FRS were mad as hell or embarrassed, because as they did the ricer flyby, the passenger shined a flashlight into my windshield. Either they never seen greatness before and wanted a better look, or they were trying to piss me off and blind me. No F*&@# were obliged. They continued going fast as I see the FRS weaving in and out of very light traffic again for no reason his taillights get fainter and fainter.

Chalk up another win for the good guys.
Not a surprise.

Originally Posted by S_DosMil
They are extremely slow. My buddy has one and we mess around all the time. It's never close. It's weird they made them so slow. It will beat a newer civic SI. Which is sad I have seen it personally.

They trap nearly identical to the newer SI's so it should be a driver's race.

The SI also has a lot more torque and is FWD (less loss).
Old 06-19-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My roommate when I was still at school had one that was fast.....Caveat was we slapped a turbo it. One of my close friends now just bought a BRZ and we went out for a nice drive and yeah they are quite slow.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedk20
I hate those cars and there drivers . I was at red light and one comes up on me and revs his engine. I owned a turbo k24 at the time. I looked over at em and said "ur messing with the wrong honda" we were on a long stretch of open 2 lane road. I romped em so hard. Bus lengths
LOL @ turbo k24 vs stock frs/brz
Old 06-20-2015, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by diabloAP1
Originally Posted by superchargedk20' timestamp='1434325591' post='23648212
Gotta put the dreamers in there places. Who said anything about it being stock? Don't know the person but had some loud ass pipes on it. Wouldn't have mattered regardless if it was n/a
Old 06-20-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedk20
Originally Posted by diabloAP1' timestamp='1434796022' post='23654412
[quote name='superchargedk20' timestamp='1434325591' post='23648212']
Gotta put the dreamers in there places. Who said anything about it being stock? Don't know the person but had some loud ass pipes on it. Wouldn't have mattered regardless if it was n/a
[/quote]

LOL true.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by diabloAP1
Originally Posted by superchargedk20' timestamp='1434815678' post='23654605
[quote name='diabloAP1' timestamp='1434796022' post='23654412']
[quote name='superchargedk20' timestamp='1434325591' post='23648212']
[/quote]

LOL true.
[/quote]

He tried again on the highway riding my ass. I waived bye bye to em and left again. Next day I start my car and noticed it was tapping... melted a peice of piston and it was scraping the cylinder wall. I guess he won in the long run
Old 07-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

haha the BRZ/FRS are hilariously slow(in a straight line). But for some reason, most of their owners think the cars are gods gift to mankind. It seems like it doesnt matter how many street races they lose because they will always think they have the fastest car.

Quick Reply: AP1 vs BRZ/FRS