S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

b18 swapped teg vs. ap2

Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gen teg does the guy have? g2 or g3? That will make a bit of difference in weight alone. Though I don't think they are too far apart.

What B18(C?)(x) series did he drop into it? If the teg guy only swapped engines, he will most likely be putting power down with one wheel not two. Did he swap the trans too?

As for the owner of the teg, he sounds like a douche and his "butt dyno" is talking for him right now.

As for the OP, we need some more info on the teg to do anything more than guess. But even with that, it's a "numbers on paper" race, and those don't seem very accurate when the human equation gets involved.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:35 PM
M2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Grandmaster, where did you get your facts from....... try the wikipedia before you come in here trying to give your .2cents.

Before i own an S2000, i own an integra gsr with full bolts, but i remember man i got a fast car. I remember hitting vtec for the first time and it was so aggressive every time i hit vtec, it was different when i hit vtec with my s2000. the vtec in the gsr feel raw, like its more loud etc... at least that is how i remember it, probably its because its my first car with vtec that i experience.

Back in that time frame when fast and the furious came out when everyone was modding cars. the trend came with putting b serious into smaller honda chassis for power to weight. At this time i was racing a lot of other gsr and i would beat them by a few cars with my gsr. I knew i wanted to buy an s2000 when i lost to an s2000. I remember how i just saw the back of the s2000 brake lights so far ahead of me it was shocking. we race again and again and still same results. i was sold on the s2000 and it look so good, no other car have a chassis like the s2000.

2 years later i finally got my 2004 honda s2000 and it was amazing. Pulling out of the lot without a test drive because i already know the machine. Now others tegs and egs with b series engine with full bolt ons can see my brake lights.(It was bus lengths as i remember it.)

Grandmaster is absolutely right with his facts. So no way a kid with a integra gsr stock, can beat you. even if he have a gsr in a eg, he cant beat you.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah b series cars are fast but that b seris is not a daily driven b series. im talking within daily drivin specs. my buddys built b18 ran 12.59 with no back seats, slicks and skinnys. it was a full bodied car. i street driven all motor B with full interior is very hard to get into the 11's even on a slick. i personally would never drop a dime into one.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what year it is, it has the 2 circle headlights on both sides if that helps any. He said its a b18c1 with a c5/type r head and he has special pistons or something, he didnt act like he knew what he was talking about. Hell it broke down yesterday haha and my car is weak...at least mine gets me to school and still looks cool lol
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by barrett4bama,Oct 27 2010, 03:15 AM
I'm not sure what year it is, it has the 2 circle headlights on both sides if that helps any. He said its a b18c1 with a c5/type r head and he has special pistons or something, he didnt act like he knew what he was talking about. Hell it broke down yesterday haha and my car is weak...at least mine gets me to school and still looks cool lol
If he actually has a properly built B18C1 with a type R head and high compression pistons his car his car will be faster than yours. The chances of him having this motor in good condition? About zero. Kids that flap their mouths are a dime a dozen.

Also, race and report back.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=502881
Old 10-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, well i didnt see that thread. I would love to race him but i dont wanna do it on the road really, i just got a reckless driving ticket and got driving school next month. I really need a street racing ticket lol. I really think it would be a good race probably.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,Oct 25 2010, 11:13 AM
A gutted type R hatch only beat you by 2 cars? That's not a lot especially considering how light hatches can be. Much lighter than integers.

So like I said. Unless this kid has a fully built Type R, I wouldn't sweat it. (and I don't mean intake/header/exhaust) he'd have to have custom pistons, cams, etc etc.

Remeber the shit talkers almost always talk shit to make up for what they don't have.
i should mention im making roughly 220ish whp.. and some weight reduction.. racing empty tank also
Old 10-27-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by PsykotiK,Oct 27 2010, 09:28 AM
i should mention im making roughly 220ish whp.. and some weight reduction.. racing empty tank also
Sediment from gasoline settles at the bottom of every gas tank. When you let your gas level run low, you force your car to use the dirtiest gas in its tank for fuel.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by GrandMasterKhan,Oct 26 2010, 06:17 PM
where are you getting your info? since when did an S2000 weigh 3000lbs and only make 175whp? probably from the kid with the swapped Integra haha.

And FYI a GSR integra is 2672lbs, and a type R is 2595lbs, and an GS is 2643. Where did your magic 2400lb number come from? Maybe a fully stripped shell perhaps?

Try 2840lbs for an 07 ap2 and 210whp all Stock. probably more like 215whp with his mods.

s2k power/weight 13.2 (215whp)
typeR power/weight 13.6 (modded 190whp)
GSR power/weight 15.2 (175whp even modded thats a big gap!)
GSR power/weight 18.4 (145whp OEM oh wow huge gap)

PLUS you completely forget the fact the S2000 has MUCH wider tires than an integra, so how exactly does better tires magically give the integra such an advantage? 215 width at best vs 245s in a already stick re50 rubber? Especially from a Dig? Given the same wouldnt the OP's 70mm exhaust give him better response too?

THIS is the kind of crap which is exactly what fuels kids with old skool hondas/acuras to think they all of a sudden have a rocket race car when they install intake/exhaust.

NO. intake and exhaust on a GSR does NOT make it super fast all of a sudden. Can the B series be built to make great power? Absolutely! I had a friend with a B20Vtec swap in his Integra with 240whp. But that was NOT a B18 engine.

Fast B series engines are out there for sure. But your run of the mill swap is NOT as fast as that friend's friend's swapped integra who saw it on you tube.
I get my facts from a decade and a half of building tuned Hondas of all shapes and sizes and have having been in thousands of actual street races a consequence of living 3 miles north of mission and miliken the home for street racing in so cal, for all of my driving life not some idle chit chat on a forum.

For a s2000 to make 215 whp especially on a dyno jet stock is impossible not even an ap2 - anyone who tells you this is giving you false information. At sea level with properly inflated stock tires and decent 92 octane fuel with the low ambient temps you will still lose 25 to 30% of your crank hp to the driveline. 240x.25 is 60hp thats 180 whp if it's 30% it's 240x.30 or 72 hp for a total of 168whp. The inconsistency between drive line loss is due to the tread design actual psi and more importantly alignment specs.

The only way 215 whp is possible is on a dyna-pak without correction to standard - call CAT or KN or AEM they will confirm this. Since the dyna-pak measures hub output and not actual at the wheel output the loss will be between 15 and 20%

I've seen lower drive line loses depending on fuel blend and break in sometimes as low as almost 20% but that still puts the car at less than 200whp. My friend says he sees alot of them in the low 190 to mid 180 range at there shop in riverside.

Magical things would have to happen to your engine like a nitrous install to see 215 whp on a dyno jet.

Now let's take a track like AAA which is at a mere 1200 feet approx and is indicative to standard elevation still rates for a nhra correction figure

Track Elevation ET (Elapsed Time) MPH
1200' .9874 1.0129

so if you ran a 14.5 @ 95mph with Lotta wheel spin as AAA can be slippery you corrected sea level run would be 14.5x.9874 = 14.32 @ 95x1.0129 = 96mph

Those same correction factors were used btw when the s2000 was originally run at Pomona 20 miles west - the s2000 as tested by most was slower actual than shown. And they have as many tries with a prepared surface to get it right.

Now for the car - you are assuming he is simply swapping out the motor and nothing else.

I on the other hand will assume if he's challenging the s2000 he has at least i/h/e and maybe hondata s100 tuning now your not talking 150 whp your talking 170whp this is pretty standard fare.

Also if like most ricers he's ditched the ac and ps system install your dealing with up to another 7-10 whp with timing advance thrown in which when added to the lighter header and exhaust drops the cars weight down considerably as does removing the spare and whatever else. Track dc's with full cages can dip below 2100 with driver so this is hardly stripped.

I see cars like this all the time roll over the scales with an empty gas tank as raced in the mid to low 2400 range with driver, my last 4 door with b16 swap and full interior was 2420 with driver. crappy Slip streams with aftermarket tires can chop 80 pounds from stock in some applications - plus lighter drop suspension, brakes a racing bucket a battery steering wheel. These are pretty common items and add up to a tremendous amount of weight loss.

As far as the tires go somewhere online is the now ancient SCC article testing the NT555R tires on a stock gsr which gained 1.1 seconds and a stock prelude vtec model which gained a ridiculous 1.5 seconds in the 1/4. 1.1 seconds from 15.2 btw is 14 flat with no other mods. That article is now well over 10 years old and even the azenis so called by ricers "cheater slicks" are that capable. If he has proper slicks which are easy to come by the gain will be even more.

You can debate numbers all you want but I've seen s2000's lose to these types of cars @ AAA drag way on a number of occasions.

To the OP I still think you should race not for dollars but definitely from a rolling start. You might lose but so what racing is still fun and you still have an s2k and he still has an Integra.

BTW you should be incredibly careful about relying on what should be instead of what you've actually seen - the standard drag racing calculator shows that a stock s2000 with 240 crank hp and 3000 pounds with driver weight should run a 13.5 1/4 mile stock.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

WTF? have you actually seen an s2000 on a dyno? 168whp? I am not pulling numbers out of my ass. Your on an s2000 forum trying to tell us that an S2000 only dynos 168whp? Sorry but your flat out WRONG and all credibilty you have is out the window, and now your talking about drag strip calculators? How much paper weight racing are we going to do here? The first half of your post is so full of wrong I wish i could delete it.

I have seen with my own eyes many s2000s make 200-225whp on DynoJets and other types of dynos. There arnt any DynaPaks in my area but s2ki has seen N/A s2000s hit 240+whp on a dynapak. By your 30% calculation Integra's should dyno 119whp stock, are you seriously saying an intrgra gains 51whp with I/H/E and a tune?

I will not deny that S2000s are not drag cars, and it really takes someone with skill to properly launch one. So i am sure you've seen plenty put down some sad times. I do understand that Intregras can be stripped and made very light. However I do have to question a lot of your math and theories. I wonder if there based on anything factual or just hearsay and drag strip calculators.

I took all my numbers from verfiable sources to give an accurate and measureable difference (oem weights etc). I am not talking about some race prepped integra, if that was the case we could bust out the number book from the S2k race prepped forum and see what weights we get from there. That might spice up this on going paper weight race.

Quick Reply: b18 swapped teg vs. ap2