S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

encounter with a noob on a harley

Old 10-31-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default encounter with a noob on a harley

I was running some errands the other day.

I was driving down a road, 3 lanes each way, and a turn lane in the middle.

I was where that white escalade was, and there was a guy fumbling around on a harley on the entrance to the left. I have to do a u-turn (i have the worst navigational skills of anyone, besides a woman), and i'm waiting for there to be a spot for me to proceed with my action.

so there's a small break, and then a white cavalier, a larger break and some silver saab (both the cavalier and the saab were in the middle lane). the small break comes, the 50+ yr old guy on the harley is just struggling, trying to figure out how to make the bike go i guess, won't make eye contact w me, and his bike isn't moving at all, except side to side. the cavalier goes by, i wait 5 seconds, he still seems to be trying to discover how to operate the contraption that he is riding, so I go ahead and take advantage of the break in traffic. I go, turn in at the next spot, get out of my car, and start walking to the store.

"Hey buddy!" I hear. Upon turning around, I see the motorcycle guy. "I just wanted to let you know, YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!"

"Ok."

"You cut me off! You could've killed me!"

"Well, I actually had the right of way, I was traveling on the road, and you were entering a main throughfare from a business, where you are supposed to stop before entering the flow of traffic. I also waited to see if you were actually going to make a move, but you seemed to be having some trouble."

"No! I had the right of way!"

"Ok, well why don't you go figure out the rules of the road, and get back to me."

"Well...well...how about you read the rules! I'm an off-duty cop! and if I see you do that again, I'm going to bust your ass!!"

Upon him saying that, I turn around and go inside.

What a douche bag.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should have asked him for his badge number, he was probably full of shit. I had a guy try that on my once and as soon as i said that he stfu. good job walking away tho, he obviously wanted to start something.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM

shouldve pulled the "oh? what department are you from, I am too.. did you know impersonating a police is illegal?"

bwahahah.

anyway, if he's as bad as he is, he'll end up with road rash - only, hopefully.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:51 PM

If I made a thread about all the assholes I encounter in my S2K just driving normal I would be a post whore lol.....

The other day random punks in an SUV were riding my ass and cut me off hardcore then we stopped at a light. I was really heated and decided to get even. This light was on a turn..They floor it and I did too. I hit 2nd gear and went sideways on this turn, half my car was in there lane preventing them from getting ahead. Then I gave them a taste of their own medicine buy cutting them off. Then as I turn off...They yell " Get a real car faggot" out the window. This is one of my many stories.

I actually had a guy cutting me off and riding my ass then he got behind me I was going pretty damn fast in a 45 to avoid him and he was still on my ass so i layed into the brakes. At the next traffic light he gets out of the car trying to fight me. As much as I wanted to beat his ass I didn't want to go to jail.

IDK why my car seems to attract so many tools. I want it to attract pretty girls lol

I feel for you man, people just love to start shit because of the cars we drive. As far as him being an off duty cop. He can suck my dick.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by ikeyballz,Nov 1 2010, 02:36 PM
shouldve pulled the "oh? what department are you from, I am too.. did you know impersonating a police is illegal?"

bwahahah.

anyway, if he's as bad as he is, he'll end up with road rash - only, hopefully.
Lol, then I would've been impetsonating, sry typing from phone while donating plasma
Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM

so did you have to make a uturn right there? and the bike was turning right out into traffic? correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that when doing a uturn, we dont have the right of way and have to yield to all traffic, including those turning out into traffic?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by niceguyftx,Nov 2 2010, 06:27 PM
so did you have to make a uturn right there? and the bike was turning right out into traffic? correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that when doing a uturn, we dont have the right of way and have to yield to all traffic, including those turning out into traffic?
you are wrong, AFAIK

pretty sure that cars driving on the road always have the right of way over cars trying to enter the road (when the cars on the road don't have any stop signs or anything prohibiting a u-turn)

where did you hear what you typed? maybe that would offer some insight
Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 AM

When somebody is trying to do a right turn and you're doing a U-turn, I think you both have to yield to each other. No right or wrong answer.

Cars on the road have the right of way most times, not always though.

I think~
Old 11-03-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by unethikl,Nov 3 2010, 10:04 AM
When somebody is trying to do a right turn and you're doing a U-turn, I think you both have to yield to each other. No right or wrong answer.

Cars on the road have the right of way most times, not always though.

I think~
From what I have seen, there is always a right or wrong answer to traffic situations.

Think of it this way. You are driving down the road. There are no stop signs, no cars and nothing prohibiting a u turn. You can legally do a u turn whenever/wherever you want. Vehicles entering that road have to yield to vehicles already on the road.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif,Nov 1 2010, 03:51 PM

I actually had a guy cutting me off and riding my ass then he got behind me I was going pretty damn fast in a 45 to avoid him and he was still on my ass so i layed into the brakes. At the next traffic light he gets out of the car trying to fight me. As much as I wanted to beat his ass I didn't want to go to jail.
was this a minivan? lol had the EXACT same thing happen to me, dude cuts me off almost hitting me, i had to brake hard to avoid getting hit. I was soooo pissed. He got caught in traffic and i managed to get infront of him, 2 lane rd, I stayed infront of him and wouldnt let him pass. he was speeding excessively earlier and endangering ppl, so i caused him to stay at the speed limit. at the next light he gets out of the car and starts screaming like a mad man, comes over to my car and starts talking shit, im top down. my GF was with me and she was like wtf is wrong with that guy. he ended up yelling for like a min straight until the light turned green and he got back in his minivan. during his rant he kept calling my car a pos, yet he was in a 80's minivan lol.

Quick Reply: encounter with a noob on a harley