S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Ever had another car totally puss out?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ever had another car totally puss out?

So last night I was giving my friend a ride in my revamped AP1 (he drives a MKV GTI) and he was tripping out on how different the car is from the last time he was in it. And just to make things better, we rolled up to a light and next to us was an '05 WRX with the huge hood scoop (painted black? lol) and two wimpy looking kids in it. So I inch up a bit and say "You wanna run it?" (it was about 1 AM at night) and the kid looks over and says "What do you have done to it?"

I laugh and say "Follow me and you'll find out", motioning him to turn left onto a big empty street

As soon as the light turns green, he totally bitches out and turns the other way and bones out. Usually WRX drivers are so cocky too... this was my 2nd day of having my hard-top on so maybe he was thinking that I was turbo or SC if I'm running a HT.

Another funny story was the night previous to that... I was riding shotgun in my cousin's EM1 Si and while at a light, some douche in a Scion TC with a fat chick in his car started revving at him. We were like 'oooooo ' and when the light turned, my cousin punched it and started pulling the TC. After that, we waited for traffic to clear up but the TC remained behind us, totally pussing out. My cousin started flashing his hazards and even weaving from side to side, trying to get this wimp to run it... but the kid must've realized he had bit off more than he could chew and did his best to remain behind.

Best thing is... these guys were totally asking for it, but when it comes down to it, they get scared and put their tail between their legs.

I know some of you out there have some good stories of people bitching out, so let's hear them
Old 12-29-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like the WRX driver was a bit more mature than you and not asking for anything (you even initiated the conversation).

Also, your cousin seems like a huge moron. The Tc lost and was done with you.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^x2
wrx owner is a smart cookie, street racing is never good, but the tC owner ran you lost and that is it. Why risk lives, damage, etc. due to stupidity.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because somebody didn't want to street race doesn't make them a "puss."
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG VTEC,Dec 29 2010, 05:36 PM
Sounds like the WRX driver was a bit more mature than you and not asking for anything (you even initiated the conversation).

Also, your cousin seems like a huge moron. The Tc lost and was done with you.
Except... he rolled down his window first and asked 'whats up'. guess i should've included that part.
the overreactions and typical holier-than-thou judgments in this thread are so cliche. You guys need new lines.
and don't even talk about safety on a 5 lane empty street over half a mile long at 1 am in the morning. It's alright guys, you won't lose your forum cred if you actually corroborate on a street racing thread.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dunno dude, you sound kinda like a douchebag
Old 12-30-2010, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 29 2010, 11:50 PM
Except... he rolled down his window first and asked 'whats up'. guess i should've included that part.
the overreactions and typical holier-than-thou judgments in this thread are so cliche. You guys need new lines.
and don't even talk about safety on a 5 lane empty street over half a mile long at 1 am in the morning. It's alright guys, you won't lose your forum cred if you actually corroborate on a street racing thread.
You sound like an idiot.

Jus saying.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree people rev at me all the time. sometimes i will screw around alittle but mostly i dont care that much. on the street i just cruise and dont drive very agressive or much above the speed limit.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ibtl

Quick Reply: Ever had another car totally puss out?