S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Evo 8 vs S *Video*

Old 06-27-2004, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so u beat an Evo running 22psi with a NA S2000?
Old 06-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he didn't have vids, bs flags would be flying up all over the place. But the vid shows that the Evo was trying.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I didnt have my S2000 when the EVO, SRT4, etc came out so I cant really comment on these threads but from what I have read, a stock EVO is supposed to be faster than a bolt on S2000.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Banned

Yep, Evos are pretty quick.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:50 AM

Evo's are quick but I think the S is faster from a roll. The evo seems to run out of power early. A friend of mine has one really close to stock (twin plate clutch is the only mod). I'll see if he wants to run on video from a few different speeds... every one but zero
Old 06-28-2004, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by folex187
I'll see if he wants to run on video from a few different speeds... every one but zero
lol, thats not very fair! if he agrees to a roll, you should agree to a dead stop
Old 06-28-2004, 01:04 AM

LOL, yellafeva you know we would find this...

Well, Honestly stock for stock, the S might be faster, but dont underestimate the awd in the EVO. I know when me and the hubby raced from a 20 mph roll I had him until the top of 4th then he started to walk away. We hit 120 with him up a little more than 1 car and pulling. I had the drop in filter and HKS exhaust., he was bone stock. (who knows he may have a factory freak so to speak)

Now he has just a drop in filter and catback exhaust, I cant pull on him at all. He easily stays with me if I punch it first and when were side by side and we both floor it, he easily passes me and can get a couple cars up pretty quick.

LOL, just be careful, my hubby will have his Cams. ECU and downpipe on pretty soon and it will just look like a lowered EVO with rims and will actually be a low to mid 12 sec car In other words looks can be deceiving
Old 06-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Quik S2K
LOL, yellafeva you know we would find this...

Well, Honestly stock for stock, the S might be faster, but dont underestimate the awd in the EVO. I know when me and the hubby raced from a 20 mph roll I had him until the top of 4th then he started to walk away. We hit 120 with him up a little more than 1 car and pulling. I had the drop in filter and HKS exhaust., he was bone stock. (who knows he may have a factory freak so to speak)

Now he has just a drop in filter and catback exhaust, I cant pull on him at all. He easily stays with me if I punch it first and when were side by side and we both floor it, he easily passes me and can get a couple cars up pretty quick.

LOL, just be careful, my hubby will have his Cams. ECU and downpipe on pretty soon and it will just look like a lowered EVO with rims and will actually be a low to mid 12 sec car In other words looks can be deceiving
Your answer is a bit surprising to me. I thought both you and your hubby agreed that your Evo is a little bit faster on a roll? I thought he beat you? But either way, it's good to hear that they are comparable from a roll. I know Lanevo will come in and say "A stock Evo will beat an S by 20 car lengths on a roll." But, it's good to hear from unbiased people who have BOTH.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:45 AM

S is definitely faster from a roll (in fact faster than many coparable sporters) The EVO is all about mid range. It runs out of steam at higher end. Off the line is where the EVO rocks.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by kumar75150
so u beat an Evo running 22psi with a NA S2000?

good point, and in making this point will help many understand. a stock evo is already on 18psi. so 22 isnt bad.
ive seen alot of s2000's. that car in the vids has some voodoo shit goin on, it absolutely hauls ass. either it is one of hondas factory gifted, or we are missing an ingredient in the story (gears?). blessed i must say you truly are with that car. it runs. sounds bad ass. almost pulls through vtec as hard as an f22. and it has 1000 rpm more to pull. anyways, take it easy and keep givin us vids. laterz. oh yeah, for kumar and some of the other guys on here, AP1 is the older s2000, and AP2 is the new S. if that helps, info from previous post. lates dave

Quick Reply: Evo 8 vs S *Video*