S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Evo 8 vs S *Video*

Old 06-28-2004, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Moobhak
Off the line is where the EVO rocks.
actually no...on the track is where the EVO rocks
Old 06-28-2004, 10:52 AM

evo with 22 psi will crush a n/a s2k from a roll...how do i know, my brother has a evo and I have a s2k, its not even close. The evo must not have been 22psi, perhaps he screwed up his boost controller...
Old 06-28-2004, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by jojipoji
evo with 22 psi will crush a n/a s2k from a roll...how do i know, my brother has a evo and I have a s2k, its not even close. The evo must not have been 22psi, perhaps he screwed up his boost controller...
I highly agree. Part of the story is missing, because Blessed is not responding, and for all we know, that's not even his S2000 racing in the video.

Originally posted by Moobhak
S is definitely faster from a roll (in fact faster than many coparable sporters) The EVO is all about mid range. It runs out of steam at higher end. Off the line is where the EVO rocks.
'Definitely faster?' Have you personally tested them both at the same time with a comparable driver? Don't speak based on assumptions. I see so often people make assumptions about car x, and then the owners with both cars come out and say otherwise. Also, one race is not the end all, be all comparison.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thoe99
Old 06-28-2004, 03:40 PM

could it be that someone was spraying in this video? I fail to see how just exhaust mods has this thing manhandling a Cayenne Turbo, and evo, and almost an NSX from a roll on race.

And I agree... 22psi on an evo should not have lost.. If the driver really had that much boost.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2oooNvegas
Old 06-28-2004, 06:10 PM

22psi EVO should be good for very low 13s @ 103-105mph.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by jigga009
could it be that someone was spraying in this video? I fail to see how just exhaust mods has this thing manhandling a Cayenne Turbo, and evo, and almost an NSX from a roll on race.

And I agree... 22psi on an evo should not have lost.. If the driver really had that much boost.

All my S2000 has (which by the way is MY s2000) is AEM cai, Spugen dual cat back exhaust, Apexi VAFC, Exedy stage 3 clutch and a 10 pound flywheel. The VAFC isan't even dyno tuned. And by noooo means would I EVER put NITROUS on my car! I like my motor just the way it is and don't want to be purchasing a new one anytime soon! The year is a 00' with just those simple bolt-ons.

I've always had people say that my S shouldn't or couldn't beat this car or that car, but I've proved alot of people wrong. I don't take street racing too seriously, it's all just fun and games to me...so I don't appreciate people thinking I would lie to change the outcome of a race...All I stated were facts. The facts that I had to go by. I personally haven't been in that Evo's car when he's hit 22 pounds, but thats what he told me and thats what Im gonna go by. I've beaten a few other Evo's in my day too, I can defenitaly say that it's a drivers race between the two, from a roll that is.(in basically stock form) I just only have this one on video. I am yet to dyno my car so I don't know if its a freak or anything like that but I defenitaly can say I am not spraying.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thoe99
Old 06-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Quik S2K
LOL, yellafeva you know we would find this...

Well, Honestly stock for stock, the S might be faster, but dont underestimate the awd in the EVO. I know when me and the hubby raced from a 20 mph roll I had him until the top of 4th then he started to walk away. We hit 120 with him up a little more than 1 car and pulling. I had the drop in filter and HKS exhaust., he was bone stock. (who knows he may have a factory freak so to speak)

Now he has just a drop in filter and catback exhaust, I cant pull on him at all. He easily stays with me if I punch it first and when were side by side and we both floor it, he easily passes me and can get a couple cars up pretty quick.

LOL, just be careful, my hubby will have his Cams. ECU and downpipe on pretty soon and it will just look like a lowered EVO with rims and will actually be a low to mid 12 sec car In other words looks can be deceiving
By the way, Quik, did you run him with the top up or down? I was wondering about the top end when he started to pull on you. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Evo 8 vs S *Video*