S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

First run for my SSOS SC ap2 vs 06 WRX STi

Old 12-03-2014, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First run for my SSOS SC ap2 vs 06 WRX STi

So I installed my SOS supercharger about a month ago. quick details: SOS Stage 2 1220 9psi dyno'd 342whp. I've been on the hunt ever since.

I work with a guy who has an 06 WRX with JDM STi swap. He has a downpipe, exhaust, and a tune. He wasn't sure what he was doing to the wheel, but he predicted between 300-325.

After work really late one night, on a desserted wide open road in Mexico, we decided to play a little bit. He was trying to stay with me on a freeway on ramp which is a sharp corkscrew. As soon as it straightened out, I punched it to about 90mph just to give him a taste. He finally pulled up next to me and we slowed to 50mph. After three quick horns we were off (this is the first time I've actually lined up with somebody in the S). I immediately pulled him by a car length, pulled to about 3 total by the time I hit 100. We cruised for a little bit and decided to go again from 40. I started in second gear this time. We stayed neck and neck until I shifted into third and hit about 60mph and it was very similar to the first run. I think I had about 3-4 lenghts after killing it around 110.

The next day I kept hearing him say he needed new tires and the car wasn't shifting smooth. Either way, I was pretty happy with how she performed on stock boost.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice run!!! How do you like the sos kit?
Old 12-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

New tires for that AWD grip? LOL.

Good runs. If you were local, I'd play with you in my STi.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice...I hope to get the Stage 1 kit this Spring (have to upgrade my clutch, PP and flywheel first).
Old 12-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

lol tires and shifts.. please.

nice kill
Old 12-09-2014, 04:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckon
Nice...I hope to get the Stage 1 kit this Spring (have to upgrade my clutch, PP and flywheel first).
Why do you need to upgrade those first? Is the clutch currently slipping without being boost? The factory clutch kit can handle the stage 1 kit (you're only looking at 300ish WHP) for a while before needing to be replaced. I can see why you would want to do it first, but you can do the stage 1 kit and replace the rest when it fails.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
Nice run!!! How do you like the sos kit?
I like the kit a lot. Installation was pretty straight forward. This is my first FI vehicle so I can't compare it to anything else. I can simply say it puts a smile on my face and some adrenaline through my veins.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^^^
Thanks for the response . I'm going to be running a similar setup very shortly. Good to hear how it performs!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:04 PM

Always fun when you have new found HorsePower. I can't wait to get a few kills in my car this summer as well.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1_DNA
Originally Posted by Reckon' timestamp='1417705503' post='23426660
Why do you need to upgrade those first? Is the clutch currently slipping without being boost? The factory clutch kit can handle the stage 1 kit (you're only looking at 300ish WHP) for a while before needing to be replaced. I can see why you would want to do it first, but you can do the stage 1 kit and replace the rest when it fails.
Based on what the FI guys say, as well as Jordan who will be doing the upgrade for me, it seems that it is best to replace it now versus waiting for it to fail since it will fail. Plus my S is at 108k miles and while it is running like new, it doesn't hurt to be replaced. It's been recommended to me by a bunch of guys I trust so it seems like a no brainer. That should be all I have to do as the engine is running like it only has 18k miles on it (had a VA, compresion test and leakdown test and everything was way within spec, near to new numbers). Besides...something tells me I will want to upgrade to Stage 2 at some point and this will take care of things early.

Quick Reply: First run for my SSOS SC ap2 vs 06 WRX STi