S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Funny encounter last night

Old 07-14-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funny encounter last night

So, my little brother asked me to pick him up from his job at the mall last night and go have a couple of drinks afterwards. I said okay thats cool and blah blah blah... Fast forward a bit.

I pick him up and we take off heading to the bar across town. This guy in what looked like a subaru gets on it a little to get next to us to show he has a loud BOV and maybe he wants some. Theres nobody in front of us, so from the next light I get on it in first and a bit of second up to about 40-45 real quick. I guess he then decided he no longer wanted any and that was that. I gave a thumbs up and we were on our way.

But, there was an early 2000's single cab chevy that was loud and trying to race through traffic a good bit behind us to catch up to me. Well, he finally did after driving like a fuktard for the next 2-3 miles cutting people off and probably almost causing a wreck. So, I just ignored Mr. Stupid for the next 5 minutes or so while he constantly revved next to me and kept slowing down accelerating over and over from probably 20-50mph in his truck so it would kick down into first. Not to mention, we now had traffic in front of us as well. The whole area we were now in is always filled with cops on the weekends and by this time I'm just waiting for one to get him. Sure enough, about a minute later, here comes a cop flying through the cars behind us with lights on and pulls him over.

So, while this isnt really a "street encounter" most would like to read about, I found this to be quite funny and entertaining! But, I just wanted to also say, be thoughtful and careful when you are out there and don't act stupid in traffic due to someone else like him. Im 100% sure if I would have bit the bait, it would have been me getting the ticket instead of him.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really is great to see that happen to somebody like that. I was driving home from work on a side road were the speed limit is 30mph. Most people do 40mph but I knew cops were doing radar on that road so I kept it at 30mph.

Some d-bag came up behind me around 60-65mph and rode my ass for a mile. He saw the break in oncoming traffic (not a very large one) and gunned it past me giving me the finger. He passed me on a gradual right turn where it was blind and guess what, a cop was right around that corner. He caught him doing about 55mph in a 30mph area while passing me in a no passing zone and almost hitting oncoming traffic

The cop pulled out in front of me immediately after speed racer flew past him. I kept at 30 and when I passed this guy who was now pulled over, I reached out with my left hand and gave him the finger back
Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Thats awesome! I wish I would have been able to go by and while he was getting his ticket!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I love stories like this, especially when you get to witness them first hand. I was going to work one morning on the Interstate, cruise control set for 72 in a 70 zone, middle of nowhere, I happen to glance in my rearview just in time to see this guy flying up behind me. I was thinking he was going to slam into me and then he whipped into the passing lane and blew by me. Must have been doing at least 90ish. I'm getting to my exit 20 miles up the road and there he is on the side of the road with a CHP car sitting behind him. BUSTED!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by saving4one
I love stories like this, especially when you get to witness them first hand. I was going to work one morning on the Interstate, cruise control set for 72 in a 70 zone, middle of nowhere, I happen to glance in my rearview just in time to see this guy flying up behind me. I was thinking he was going to slam into me and then he whipped into the passing lane and blew by me. Must have been doing at least 90ish. I'm getting to my exit 20 miles up the road and there he is on the side of the road with a CHP car sitting behind him. BUSTED!

That exact same thing happened last Wednesday when I went to T1 for my retune. Guy in a Genesis blew by us all on I-30 going through Dallas and I get up the road a couple miles and there he is pulled over by a cop getting his morning present! lol
Old 07-15-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was leaving work last Friday afternoon when I noticed a yellow pontiac solestice in front of me. I noticed the driver was an older gentleman with his wife in the passenger seat. We slowed down as we went through a small town were the speed limit drops down from 90 to 50 km, once we got past the town, the speed limit goes up to 90 km again. I notice him picking up speed with me right behind him, I Was starting to laugh because i wasnt expecting the old fellow to take off like that, anyways, I past him and left him way behinde. I then slowed back down to LEGAL speed limits, as I turned on my blinker to go left, the gentleman honked at me and gave me the thumbs up smiling, lol.