S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Leave me alone fart tip CRX's!!!

Old 05-15-2001, 03:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the guy with just about the biggest tach you can get on the dash of a civic, and a tail pipe that was about 1" telling me that so far it was mostly show, especially with the bling bling 18's.

Was a no-contest, but damn he was tryin'
Old 05-15-2001, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[B]Heh, whenever I get a chance I put a friend in my non-fart tip equipped CRX and try to beat it in my S2K.
Old 05-15-2001, 07:36 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[b]Heh, whenever I get a chance I put a friend in my non-fart tip equipped CRX and try to beat it in my S2K.
Old 05-15-2001, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by Sev

You must be kidding right???????? His CRX is supercharged.

I guess some people have to learn from their own mistakes. There are CRXs out there in the 12s that will destroy an SCd s2k as well.

I saw a video about a 9sec CRX with a dodge V8 mounted in the back. Everyone knows the only limit to how fast you can go is the amount of money you have. Yes there are CRX's that can beat us, but they are 1 out of 1000, and the S2000 is not made for speed anyway, its made for cornering, and I'd like to see a CRX that does high 13's in the 1/4 and have as good as handling as us. It would take $10K in parts to do it...and then it becomes a question of why...with $10k I would buy a nicer car before I fix up a CRX.
Old 05-15-2001, 08:08 AM

Squeezer- I think I follow your same method of reasoning here. Of course, there are CRX's out there that can do 9 second 1/4 miles. However, what is there 10 in the U.S.?? I'm talking about your average CRX that's modded. I should have made myself more clear. I'm sure if you had the money you could make a Yugo do the 1/4 mile in 9 seconds too! Come on....you know what I'm talking about here. As Squeezer mentioned also, our cars are not for drag racing let's see a CRX follow us on the twisties. Of course, I'm talking about your $200,000 aftermarket CRX
Old 05-15-2001, 08:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Squeezer
[B]Last night the 23840238492384th fart tip equiped CRX with a purple paint job and some home made painted tail lights was revving on me and cutting me off in traffic.
Old 05-15-2001, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense Silver, you're the kinda guy that usually gets his ass handed to him by cars like my sleeper. Not because you're a bad person or anything, but you just because you aren't aware of what's possible. Those are the encounters I enjoy most.

I truly love my S2K and wouldn't trade it for anything, but even with the price of the car and the mods, my CRX costs less than a third of what my S2K did.

Let me provide you with a few numbers:

0-60: 5.8 seconds (G-tech - street tires)
1/4 mile: 14.002@98.7 mph (actual track - street tires)
Top Speed (tach estimated): 156 mph
Gas mileage: 26 mpg/32 mpg
Price of car(used, excellent condition): $3,000
Price of supercharger kit: $2,000
Price of suspension parts: $2,000
Price of other modifications (exhaust, ECU, etc.): $4,000

And please note that this car is set up for road racing, so I'm running lots of negative camber which is not conducive for drag race starts. On the street and at the strip I also run very heavy steel wheels with wheel covers (all the better to sneak attack with) that weigh about 19 lbs/wheel. Race wheels are about half that weight and noticeably quicker. Even on street tires, this car is a match for my S2K at the road courses and the auto-x. (and I spend more than my fair share of time at these venues, also have a Bondourant education). CRX's have dominated CSP and various forms of Improved Touring racing for a long time. They are exceptional handling cars that are far more nimble than a stock S2K (thanks to the fact they weigh about 2000 lbs and have a very short wheelbase).

The nice thing is, I don't care if it gets dirty, it hauls lots of stuff (4 tires, ice chest and tools!), people don't mess with it when I park it, etc. And its also cheap to insure, came pre-dinged and has cheap replacement parts (a warrantied engine is $250!). It's the perfect beater that I can walk away from if I wreck it on the track. I can't do that to the S2K.

If you'd like a confirmation of the car's speed, ask Mingster, he's driven it and he also tried to pull away from me in a straight line (and failed to do so).

UL
Old 05-15-2001, 08:38 AM

That reminds me of when I lived in Long Beach. One of my neighbors came out and for almost half an hour said nothing but, "That's my dreamcar".
Old 05-15-2001, 10:28 AM

UL- No offense taken my friend. You would be right assuming I am not aware of mods on all cars. I refer to the average moded vehicle when making these statements. I am aware that you can turn a Yugo into a Ferrari eater but not your average moded vehicle. As for your CRX, it certainly looks like it can hold it's own. Only a little slower than our Stock S2000's. Not bad, and by the way I like Honda's so I think the CRX is a great car to add mods to as apparently you do as well. As far as the rest, I highly doubt your CRX has over a .90 on the skidpad and can go over 70 MPH through the slalom. Keep in mind not even the Ferrari 360 Modena or Ferrari 550 Marenello can top the speed of the S2000 through the Slalom. So, as well as the CRX might handle and I'm sure it does handle very well. There is only so much you can do with a little FWD car like that. Nice work though, and again I don't take any offense to what you said as you were just going over my previous statemtents. Happy Motoring!
Old 05-15-2001, 10:49 AM

Silver, I don't know where you got the idea that the 360 Modena can't beat the S2K in the slalom. Neither car can go over 70 mph, but both the Modena and 996 911 TT are much faster...about 2 mph, according to Road and Track.

[Edited by Jay Li on 05-15-2001 at 12:09 PM]

Quick Reply: Leave me alone fart tip CRX's!!!