S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Me vs New Supercharged Mustang

Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1366184991' post='22479170
Totally feasible. Ive got a fun 2 lane hwy leaving town which merges into one lane right about 1/8th mile mark. I've had a lot of fun leaving town on that light with various cars over the years. I picked off a 2012 GT from a dig, taking him by 3 cars at the 8th mile merge with my 375whp SC set up. I had him by a car before I shifted to second gear. I put a car on him with each gear change, maxing out 3rd before letting off. Should have been closer I thought, but I think I drove my car better then he drove his. Or my power to weight, regardless of powerer band differences, was just better in my car. It is fun beating up on muscle cars at their own game, and without even having a particularly fast car
:scratchhead: Your car is lighter and makes more power so it's not exactly a stretch to think you'd win in a drag race. And if your car isn't "particularly fast," why do you think anyone cares to hear about the slow POS cars you manage to beat?

I don't get what you're trying to say here. Why did you mod the piss out of your own car if you aren't impressed by cars like the new GT's? Seems like you ARE impressed and wanted something like that for yourself, so you built it. What am I missing?
I'm not sure what your implying either. My car isnt set up for drag racing, its set up for road course

Sharing stories here bud. OP topic was beating a fast late model Mustang. I happened to have a story of beating one as well, so thought I’d share. I heard they were fast. I'm sure the guy I beat thought it was too when he drove it off the show room floor It still had the dealer tag in the window
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you trying to say the guy you raced was not trying? Why'd you want to race him if his car wasn't fast?

The Mustang you raced was "setup for road course" from the factory. And it really sounds like you built your car for drag racing, the way you tell it. You aren't sharing any stories of beating Mustangs on road courses.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont get what NuncoStr8 is bringing here either s2000Junky.

Like s2000Junky said... we are just sharing stories. What does it matter what we race or how our cars are set up?

I cant speak for s2000Junky directly, but Id be more than willing to bet that like me, he didnt dump thousands of dollars into modding his car because he was "impressed" by other cars
Old 04-20-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Lol seems like Nunco is the only one here who isn't understanding the reasoning behind junky's post.

I can't wait to install my supercharger because it will be damn fun, and beating up on newer and faster cars is just another plus in my book.

OP, how come you went with a 6266 with only 375whp? Seems like a pretty big turbo for low goals like that, no?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM

Yep, its a pretty big turbo, but my end goals are much higher. My initial dyno time was cut short because of the fuel injector clip problem so my tune is very conservative right now. The tuner didnt want to try and push it until this issue was completely resolved to avoid any other potential problems popping up and I agreed with that.

Since then, I have decided to have Tony at T1 do my final tune, but my appointment is July 10 so I have a bit of a wait. My goal is over 450whp on pump gas and then at some point 650-700whp on race gas.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 AM

You had an injector PnP clip fail on you too? I just ordered a new set from THM because one of my injectors kept randomly missing due to a bad injector clip on my ID1000s.

Thats cool though, I hope I can get all my boost stuff installed and an appointment with Tony set up before he stops tuning cars other than GTRs
Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 AM

Yep, I depinned it after I got my replacement from T1 and one of the pins is clearly shorter than the other. Im not sure if they are random bad ones or if they are just made that way, but the new one fixed my misfire on cylinder 3.

I know what you mean though... Id get that appointment set up as soon as you can Going to be a long 3 months for me
Old 04-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by tx2K
I dont get what NuncoStr8 is bringing here either s2000Junky.

Like s2000Junky said... we are just sharing stories. What does it matter what we race or how our cars are set up?

I cant speak for s2000Junky directly, but Id be more than willing to bet that like me, he didnt dump thousands of dollars into modding his car because he was "impressed" by other cars
If you dump thousands of dollars in modding your car to be faster and then brag about drag racing other cars on the street, there are very few other conclusions to draw. Then making the claim that the cars you beat are slow makes one wonder why anyone should be impressed that your car can only beat slow cars.

I'm always amused by people who drag race but claim their car is "setup for road course," yet never mention spending any time on a racetrack.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:11 PM

That may be true, or;

Maybe he's modding his car to be more fun via having more power, and a side effect of that is being able to out run more cars on the road, which his competitive nature compels him to do. And by calling them (and himself) slow is just him being modest and knowing that there will always be much faster machines out there.

You can spin it however you want, no need to call people out for no reason and derail a thread, just to stir the pot.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:54 PM

Again, if the car you beat is slow, why are you telling us about the race? If your car isn't set up to drag race, why are you using it for that?

It really sounds like the other car let you gun it and pull ahead from the light because they could see the merge coming. I wouldn't race a moron into a merge, and I sure as hell wouldn't pretend that was a "real race," and I also wouldn't post about it on a forum later or call the other car slow just because I was in front. But everyone is different.

The OP posted a clean, fair run on the street. But you posted your own ego-stroking story in their thread so it's not me derailing, it's you. Create your own thread where you brag about "beating" slow cars that aren't even racing if you want to tell those stories. Don't hijack other people's in an attempt to one-up them.

Quick Reply: Me vs New Supercharged Mustang