S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my 01 S2000 vs an Evo 8

Old 01-31-2007, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 01 S2000 vs an Evo 8

hey guys, this is the first post ive made since having my S2000. i just purchased it on Monday from a buddy of mine. its a 2001, silverstone S, with a few mods...he added a racing clutch master cylinder, short shifter, invidia exhaust, injen cold air intake, and a set of headers, im actually unsure of the brand on that. it also has a gold crossbrace! anyways, the only reason my name is customcamry is bc i posted on here i think twice, about 8 months ago about an encounter i had with a s2000 in NC. i have a sti blue 94 toyota camry, with a body kit and bronze volk te-37's. the mods on it are as follows: aem cold air intake, full apexi n1 catback exhaust, kyb gr2 struts, tanabe strut bar, and a 125 shot of Zex nitrous...and no im not joking about any of this. its 2 am here so i cant post any pics but tomorrow ill post pics of both.
im extremely pleased with the s2000 and i absolutely love it. its such a beast when it hits vtec, it really feels like a turbo. lol but anyways, about the topic i posted...

tonight i was driving with my 205 lb. friend in the car, i am only 140 lbs., and a red Evo 8 pulls up beside us at a stoplight. i was thinking in my head id like to race him just to see if the S could hang but i figured i would lose pretty bad. only 1 guy was in the Evo and he was asian so he probably knew what he was doing! well my friend encourages me to floor it by him to "let him know id want to go" so i drop it in 2nd at about 47 mph and floor it. i slow down and he slowly creeps up on me and does the same. i go catch up with him and we start at about a 56mph roll, i keep it in 2nd and its really high in the rpm's, bc i know its fastest at the higher rpm's. i honk three times and we go and by the time i shift into 4th i shut it down bc i already had 3 cars on him. he pulls up to me again and we go from a 40 roll, this time he went first without honking and we stay beside each other through 2nd, but once i shift into 3rd i start to pull. we get at a light and once its green we dont launch but we slowly start to go and basically hit it at 10mph, by the time i get up to about 83mph he just stops bc i have him by about 4 car lengths. he pulls up to me and yells "is your car stock?" and i say no"its got a short shifter, exhaust, intake, headers and a racing clutch." i ask him if his is stock and he says yes. i definitely heard his turbo spooling really loud and its sounded great but i didnt know s2000's were this fast. i had to turn bc i had to go home but before we parted we waved and him giving me the thumbs up. i know this car has a good amount of mods but is it really this fast or was he just a horrible driver? i mean i took him EVERY time, rather easily. any opinions on this?? sorry for writing so much. and im now in the s2k family!!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Hrmmm. minus the 200# friend and it sounds more possible but since you are only 140# and you have 20whp worth of mods I can see you pulling an Evo8 from a roll, but 4 cars from 40 to 80? I think he started in the wrong gear if you heard the turbo spooling. It should have been spooled and ready to go.

Stock for stock and EVO8 traps about the same as an S2K, your friend came VERY CLOSE to canceling out your mods. I think the EVO driver was sub-par to lose that badly.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 PM

CONGRATS! on your first race/kill though!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM

Nice first kill! Yeah evo8's are about on par with a stock S2000 from a roll. With your mods, clutch especially, I definitely see you being able to pull on him. From 10-80 = 4 car's...Maybe he wasn't the best driver either though...But who knows..Nice kill and way to represent already!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by N/Apower,Jan 31 2007, 11:44 PM
Hrmmm. minus the 200# friend and it sounds more possible but since you are only 140# and you have 20whp worth of mods I can see you pulling an Evo8 from a roll, but 4 cars from 40 to 80? I think he started in the wrong gear if you heard the turbo spooling. It should have been spooled and ready to go.

Stock for stock and EVO8 traps about the same as an S2K, your friend came VERY CLOSE to canceling out your mods. I think the EVO driver was sub-par to lose that badly.
+1

but good kill and congrats on getting the s2000!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:16 PM

i posted pics of both in the introductions forum. and theres a little vid in there of the camry doing a 0-100, fast for a camry huh?? lol
Old 02-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by customcamry,Feb 1 2007, 03:16 PM
i posted pics of both in the introductions forum. and theres a little vid in there of the camry doing a 0-100, fast for a camry huh?? lol
NO SHIT! lol. I assume that was with the 125 Zex? That looked lik 0-100 in about 13 seconds. What does it run/trap ?

EDIT:

LMAO! at the "white-boy defense" vids. You need some serious training, lol.

EDIT 2:

Oops. I thought you were this guy: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=darethas sorry.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 PM

lmao thats my best friend. he was with me last night when i raced and beat the evo last night in the s2000. hes in a couple of videos i made, my youtube name is kilgothephenom. theres a few of us doing retarded dances and then a few of me racing his 03 civic with the camry. heres a link to my vids.. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=kilgothephenom

and the camry puts down about 320-330 to the wheels but ive never ran a quarter mile. i will hopefully be going up to rockingham next friday, im aiming for low 13's.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 PM

If you can hook I bet you get it. I would shoot for 12's and buy some ET streets.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dre sold you his car?

Quick Reply: my 01 S2000 vs an Evo 8