S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my s2k vs g35

Old 10-08-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts
Default my s2k vs g35

so i was driving home with my bro from a meet on the freeway with the top down. i was going about 70 and it was a perfect 70 degree night. the freeway was pretty empty and as i was driving i saw a g35 come on to the freeway. as soon as he saw me he just floored it and went past me. it was a 2 door and it had a drop and an exhaust as far as i can tell. then he slowed down and waited for me to catch up. my favorite part was that his girl was with him so i had to race him. lol. i told him lets do a 40 roll ( sweet spot) and he agreed. he honked three times and by the top of second he was on my back bumper. by the middle of fourth gear he was a good 2-3 cars behind so i just let off. i wasnt really shifting fast either. he took the next exit and that was the best part of the night. i knew i would beat him because i beat a 370z in my s2k too.

most likely the last time i will drive the s2k this season.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umair
so i was driving home with my bro from a meet on the freeway with the top down. i was going about 70 and it was a perfect 70 degree night. the freeway was pretty empty and as i was driving i saw a g35 come on to the freeway. as soon as he saw me he just floored it and went past me. it was a 2 door and it had a drop and an exhaust as far as i can tell. then he slowed down and waited for me to catch up. my favorite part was that his girl was with him so i had to race him. lol. i told him lets do a 40 roll ( sweet spot) and he agreed. he honked three times and by the top of second he was on my back bumper. by the middle of fourth gear he was a good 2-3 cars behind so i just let off. i wasnt really shifting fast either. he took the next exit and that was the best part of the night. i knew i would beat him because i beat a 370z in my s2k too.

Great run, man the guy in the 370Z must have not had his shit together. Those are really quick cars.

Chris Brewer
Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

awesome run,

out of curiosity, do you just start at a higher gear @ 40mph and drop a gear(or 2) after the 3rd honk(when the race begins), or do you stay in the desired gear(cruising at higher rpm) and just floor the pedal after the 3rd honk, only shifting up when you hit 8k or watever.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PixelJunkie94
Originally Posted by umair' timestamp='1412817249' post='23362243

Great run, man the guy in the 370Z must have not had his shit together. Those are really quick cars.

Chris Brewer

Nice kill, but like Chris said the 370 would put lengths on you.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dman8
awesome run,

out of curiosity, do you just start at a higher gear @ 40mph and drop a gear(or 2) after the 3rd honk(when the race begins), or do you stay in the desired gear(cruising at higher rpm) and just floor the pedal after the 3rd honk, only shifting up when you hit 8k or watever.

when i line up next to someone i usually just keep it in second till the third honk. 40 mph in second is a sweet spot for a s2k.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by meccjoo
Originally Posted by PixelJunkie94' timestamp='1422322687' post='23482615
[quote name='umair' timestamp='1412817249' post='23362243']

Chris Brewer

[/quote]

i thought the same thing but we ran multiple times. word on the street is that i am a pretty damn good driver so that might explain the outcome.

i bought a kings stage 1 turbo kit so i dont think ill be worried about 370s anymore.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dman8
awesome run,

usually 2nd gear is right before vtec, so when you floor it you go right into vtec and you stay there lol.
I beated a turbo jetta with a girl in his car also. Funny thing is that at the light he was like " YOU BOOSTED CUZ YOU FAST BRO" i just said n/a and i saw his girl waving at me lmao.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by umair
Originally Posted by meccjoo' timestamp='1422419823' post='23484086
[quote name='PixelJunkie94' timestamp='1422322687' post='23482615']
[quote name='umair' timestamp='1412817249' post='23362243']

Chris Brewer

[/quote]

i thought the same thing but we ran multiple times. word on the street is that i am a pretty damn good driver so that might explain the outcome.

i bought a kings stage 1 turbo kit so i dont think ill be worried about 370s anymore.
[/quote]

Lol, you won't have to worry about a lot of cars.