S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

My S2k Vs. My Friends 951 Porsche

Old 07-13-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My S2k Vs. My Friends 951 Porsche

the other night i'm hanging out with my friend who has the 951 porsche. they are turbo'd and crazy fast. he dyno'd at 245hp and 285ftlbs. with a leaky wastegate. i dyno'd at 260hp and 208ftlbs. on the spray....off i had about 208 and 150. my other mods are I/E and untuned vafc. well we wanted to see how we did against each other so i started out in 2nd at 7000k and he was in 3rd to match my speed. i punched it and so did he (i took the jump.) i pulled about a car to a car and 1/2 for about the rest of 2nd and most of 3rd.............then it was over... his turbo woke up and freakin made up that car and 1/2 and put 2 on me up to about 110. traffic slowed us down. then we went again from me in 2nd and him in 3rd.....this time i flipped the little red button in my cup holder i took a little jump and pulled pretty good and kept pulling this time he didn't blow past me but as creeping up on me as speed were getting higher. again we shut down in the triple digits due to traffic but i had the lead.....to bad i could tell he was gonna pass me if we kept going damn that car is fast... soooo i the integra...let me set up a little back round for this interga....the previous night, i raced the 88 civic i posted about... we pulled over into a gas station to shoot the breeze about our cars, only to be joined by numours other boy racers all of the with crappy hatches and b16 blah blah blah. so this 95ish integra rolls in on his steel wheels asking me to run... i asked him what was in it (obviously not a type r or gsr) he tells me is stock with an intake and exhaust. i asked him why would i run a stock integra. he replied cause people tells me its fast. i decline and say no thanks. either hes lying he ass off or there is no point... he won't pop his hood.

so after me and the porsche are done racing we see this kid frantically trying to catch up and play... well he looks over and gives me the biggest smirk ever and punches it... i'm in front of the porsche.... i was ready for his punch and cancel the hell out of his momentum. i proceeded to put about 6 cars on him while the porsche who was about 2 cars behind me catches up and blows by him as well... the look on the kids face was freakin priceless!!! i don't know what ws in his car or wasn't but i hope this will give him a good idea of where his car stands as far as being fast. sorry for the long post
Old 07-14-2004, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the porsche race sounds like a REALLY good one!...without the spray you were going to get raped!
thanks for teaching that integra ricer where he stands in the food chain
Old 07-14-2004, 03:08 AM

it is a good race... actually i'm taking his car out to the shop to get inspected in about 5 mins. so i'll get to see what it can do a little. the killer is though this is all with a leaky wastegate and imporper gears.... we are putting his new exhuast and aftermarket wastegate on tomorrow.. and i'll be left behind most likely untill i get supercharged and tune my vafc and nitrous
Old 07-24-2004, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did your friend chage his wastegate yet? I can't believe he didn't shim or changed it yet. A leaky wastegate is costing him 40-50 hp and more important loss is response. If he's changing his exhaust he should try a test pipe in place of his cat. This may be only a 10-15 hp gain but the turbo response from this is tremendous.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:08 PM

yes, last week he got a full lindsay racing exhaust and wastegate w/ boost controller... but his stock bov was leaking, so i let him use mine from the turbo kit i have yet to put on my car, and now it's running like a champ.... next step is to upgrade the fuel system aand turbo..... we'll run again after i install my turbo kit..