S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my s2k vs. racist in v6 tacoma

Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's amazing how some people feel so entitled, like their $hit don't stink. Reading stuff like this just gets my blood boiling . It's embarrassing and disgusting. Maybe what you did wasn't the best idea, you're fighting a win less battle, but you can't let people walk all over you. If you don't react at all than that @$$hole thinks he can just get away with anything. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Major props for standing up and having a backbone. Honestly, the world could use a few more of people like you. No, not people who chase down road-raging racist, but just people who are willing to stand up against injustices/idiots etc. As long as you knew your limits, which I believe you did.

to Fokker: its not like OP ran out in the streets like a blabbering idiot in front of the truck and tried to get a confrontation. He stayed within in vehicle and he was merely asking for an explanation. Being quiet and passive wont get you anywhere in life, except getting taken advantaged of and stepped on.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman8
Major props for standing up and having a backbone. Honestly, the world could use a few more of people like you. No, not people who chase down road-raging racist, but just people who are willing to stand up against injustices/idiots etc. As long as you knew your limits, which I believe you did.

to Fokker: its not like OP ran out in the streets like a blabbering idiot in front of the truck and tried to get a confrontation. He stayed within in vehicle and he was merely asking for an explanation. Being quiet and passive wont get you anywhere in life, except getting taken advantaged of and stepped on.
Horseshit. He was engaging in aggressive, confrontational behavior that escalates situations well beyond words. He's lucky the driver of the truck didn't decide to run him off the road. It's not being quiet and passive, it's picking your battles.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many people wouldn't have had as much composure as he did, and he admitted it "isn't one of my proudest moments".

Sure, I'd like to think I'd react differently, but can't honestly say I'd really be any smarter than the OP.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would of done the same thing in OP circumstance. Maybe I might even VTEC my car into him lol JK...
Old 02-25-2015, 03:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fokker
Originally Posted by Dman8' timestamp='1424756698' post='23516721

Horseshit. He was engaging in aggressive, confrontational behavior that escalates situations well beyond words. He's lucky the driver of the truck didn't decide to run him off the road. It's not being quiet and passive, it's picking your battles.
well, where would you draw the line?

This dude shouted derogatory stuff at him, made stupid gestures, and pretty much insulted his ethnicity. Maybe you are ok with having that happen to you, but many people arent. I honestly dont know what I would have done in OP's situation. Maybe the same thing, or maybe nothing at all. But I can definitely say I respect his willingness to step up and defend himself.

If anything, I would like to think OP made the racist geezer think twice about his actions in the future. Think about how many times in the past he was able to belittle others and get away from it. Now he will probably always be reminded of the fella in the s2000 who wasnt afraid of him =]
Old 02-25-2015, 06:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman8
well, where would you draw the line?

This dude shouted derogatory stuff at him, made stupid gestures, and pretty much insulted his ethnicity. Maybe you are ok with having that happen to you, but many people arent. I honestly dont know what I would have done in OP's situation. Maybe the same thing, or maybe nothing at all. But I can definitely say I respect his willingness to step up and defend himself.

If anything, I would like to think OP made the racist geezer think twice about his actions in the future. Think about how many times in the past he was able to belittle others and get away from it. Now he will probably always be reminded of the fella in the s2000 who wasnt afraid of him =]
For a bunch of words spouted by an ignorant person I don't know and am most likely to never see again? I would have just kept driving. It's not a matter of what I'm okay with, the behavior the OP engaged did not change a thing. It didn't change the guy's attitude, it didn't do anything to prevent it from happening again in the future. He's most likely forgot about the "fella in the s2000" within a couple of days. I promise regardless of what the guy said, if you start trading paint because of idiotic behavior, the cops aren't going to side with the aggressor in that situation.