S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

NEED MORE POWER! My night at Ontario.

Old 05-03-2001, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn it!!! There are a lot of fast piece of shit cars out on the road! Last Friday and Saturday, I went to the illegal's in Ontario.

Friday night sucked! The only people that wanted to race me were the ones that were 100% confident that they could beat me. And if they were 100% confident, you know that means I got an ass whoppin. I lost to the following cars: Aftermarket twin-turbo Nissan 300ZX, Turbo charged Acura Integra GS-R, and a NOS'ed CRX. The cars I did beat, I won't mention, because it's nothing really much to brag about. I only went for fun, and did not want to race for money or pink slips. Some guys were trying to get me to race a Civic hatchback for $20 bucks. I mean c-mon, I'm not stupid, I know that if they want to put up a Civic against me and bet $20 bucks on it, I'M GONNA GET MY ASS KICKED! So I just told the guy that I have no money and that if he wants to race for fun, I'm all up for it! Then a whole strip of people started yelling "Chicken, sweetcakes, pussy" and other words of the sort. And they were also saying that it wasn't my car and that it was "daddy's" car. I went home in humiliation.

Saturday night was fun!
My best race was when I beat a 5.0 Mustang with a straight pipe exhaust system. It was also exciting because I out-ran a cop that made a u-turn to come after me after he saw me driving on the opposite side of the street trying to pass my friend.

Anyways, I'm still mad about Friday. I don't want to supercharge my car. Are there any turbo kits out for our cars yet? I know the turbo S2000 in Import Tuner was putting out 450hp, but thats about all the numbers they gave.

Oh, and yes, I know that our cars aren't meant for drag racing, but hey, when I do drag race it, I need more power to do so!
Old 05-03-2001, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you had fun saturday night.....
Old 05-03-2001, 08:43 PM

last i heard Atomic performance was working on a 400hp turbo w/ adjustable boost.. i think the supercharger by comptech will push the envolope enough for me.. unless they are gonna drop the compression for the turbos i don't think it will take long for metallic fireworks to be shooting through the hood.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:59 PM

Yeah, and at 400hp (and probably 275+lb/ft of torque) how long do you guys think the stock transimssion and differential will last?

Probably one good launch and something will break.

If you want speed in a straightline, get a Camaro Z28. Isn't drag racing getting a little old now?
Old 05-03-2001, 09:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2kRob
[B]

If you want speed in a straightline, get a Camaro Z28.
Old 05-03-2001, 11:40 PM

I know what you mean, I lost to old beat up CRX at the races also. It had built GS-R motor in it. It's funny how fast these little civic's and crx's can be. But hey, our car looks nicer
Old 05-04-2001, 08:58 AM

Platinum:
Just out of curiosity: How fast is your Turboed Prelude runs the 1/4 ET? I encountered one last week, i had him around 2-4 cars lenght.
Old 05-04-2001, 09:44 AM

Stock engine with F-max turbo kit
244HP to the wheels (stock put down about 160HP)
1/4 mile in 13.9@101mph (Stock tires)
1/4 mile in 13.7 (P-zero tires)
1/4 mile in 14.4 (bad start)

Now I have fully built engine (in process of)
should put down close to 500HP to the wheels with 24 - 26psi

Prelude are really hard to get good start. It has a lot of torque plus it's FWD. So bad start can make or break the race. I have raced NSX and Corvette on the freeway before the built engine and we were dead even until 150mph. (I couldn't go any faster because I was at redline at 5th gear)
Old 05-04-2001, 09:59 AM

At what PSI did you run for the stock motor? Those times are impressive. I'm working on a 92' project prelude. It's running the H22A(JDM specs) motor from the Prelude SiR. Putting out around 200ponies(stock) at the crank. I recently got CAI/EX/ and the whole head was prep by GUDE Performance. Didn't run the car yet, still breaking in the new c-head. I need some new tires, the Nitto 450 performs poorly.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2kRob
[B]Yeah, and at 400hp (and probably 275+lb/ft of torque) how long do you guys think the stock transimssion and differential will last?

Probably one good launch and something will break.

If you want speed in a straightline, get a Camaro Z28.

Quick Reply: NEED MORE POWER! My night at Ontario.