S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

Old 05-28-2011, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i get lots of 4dr civics and cavaliers. i just shrug them off. ontario harsh street racing laws. 50kph over and good bye license, car, and hello 10000 fine.

but i did get a z06 try at the lights. i didnt even look over, that was a no brainer.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 PM

When I still had my Cobalt SS I had a tow truck driver try to race me in his company vehicle it was the funniest thing I have ever seen
Old 06-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RC 94
Originally Posted by S2Kart' timestamp='1304775990' post='20549219
[quote name='01S2KBROSNAN' timestamp='1303357347' post='20490483']
As a previous s owner and now a truck owner ( nissan titan crew cab) I kinda laugh at all the guys say yeah big ljftedredneck trucks.... fake.exhausts. diesels blah blah blah. Just an fyi.. id bet more then half those trucks would beat the S. You gotta watch any V8 truck or desiel. Little mods add alot of power!!!

Intake, throttle body spacer, banks exhaust and a superchip cortex programmer on my titan bumped me about 65 hp and about 80 ftlbs torque. .. and id bet my truck will beat a stock or bolted on S... most don't race the trucks cause they don't wanna admit to a loss from a truck. just my. 02

Bet NOT - Takes ALOT of added power to get a 5,300 pound truck to run with a bolt-on S, much less a turbo diesel rig that weighs much more. I've had three different heavily modded trucks while I've had the S2000. Yes it can be done and of course there are trucks with the hosspowah but you really need 450 to the wheels at a minimum and tranny work to hold it together. Before my S2000 was turbo it was no problem to run with them, now its no contest.
Can't wait for you to run into a chipped diesel that's got close to 900 TQ. Might regret your statement.
[/quote]

Ofcourse that is ONLY in a straight line, aka the special olympics where driver skill is virtually absent. I dont care if the hillbillys penis compensation is over 9000, just introduce 1 turn of nearly any angle and they are toast!

I figured to show the truck drivers how stupid they look, I was thinking of trying to tow a mattress ontop of the S or maybe to haul a trailer?

They are the erectile disfunction of racing outside the quarter mile.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 AM

i just ignore all those retards that know that they cant beat me , but my girl be trying to race me on my other car the 08 suzuki sx4 lmao
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a stock accord ask me if I wanted to race him after we both pulled off highway. It was a young kid...perhaps my full-race license plate frame that say's "anything else is half fast" egged him on...of course it could have been my BOV, cut hood, semi-loud exhaust, dropped height, or roll bar .
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by RC 94' timestamp='1304813516' post='20550247
[quote name='S2Kart' timestamp='1304775990' post='20549219']
As a previous s owner and now a truck owner ( nissan titan crew cab) I kinda laugh at all the guys say yeah big ljftedredneck trucks.... fake.exhausts. diesels blah blah blah. Just an fyi.. id bet more then half those trucks would beat the S. You gotta watch any V8 truck or desiel. Little mods add alot of power!!!

Intake, throttle body spacer, banks exhaust and a superchip cortex programmer on my titan bumped me about 65 hp and about 80 ftlbs torque. .. and id bet my truck will beat a stock or bolted on S... most don't race the trucks cause they don't wanna admit to a loss from a truck. just my. 02

Bet NOT - Takes ALOT of added power to get a 5,300 pound truck to run with a bolt-on S, much less a turbo diesel rig that weighs much more. I've had three different heavily modded trucks while I've had the S2000. Yes it can be done and of course there are trucks with the hosspowah but you really need 450 to the wheels at a minimum and tranny work to hold it together. Before my S2000 was turbo it was no problem to run with them, now its no contest.
Can't wait for you to run into a chipped diesel that's got close to 900 TQ. Might regret your statement.
[/quote]

Ofcourse that is ONLY in a straight line, aka the special olympics where driver skill is virtually absent. I dont care if the hillbillys penis compensation is over 9000, just introduce 1 turn of nearly any angle and they are toast!

I figured to show the truck drivers how stupid they look, I was thinking of trying to tow a mattress ontop of the S or maybe to haul a trailer?

They are the erectile disfunction of racing outside the quarter mile.
[/quote]

We were talking about street racing on the highway? Why brag about something not even related. The fact is that you never know what you are racing.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 AM

On my way to dinner with some friends, some guy in an RDX flew by me, slowed down and wanted to go, looked to be in his mid 30's with a female passenger. gave him a taste, he wanted more but there was no point lol. Then on my way home another RDX, I was like wtf lol seriously? is there an RDX meet somewhere? lmao left him standing still too
Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by gabolges2k
i just ignore all those retards that know that they cant beat me , but my girl be trying to race me on my other car the 08 suzuki sx4 lmao
I usually do to, but yesterday this new Camaro SS just wouldn't leave me alone, so I figured "why not". I immediately regretted it, as I was blown away badly. He was toying with me on the highway, then eventually at high speeds just took off waving goodbye. I gave my stock S all it had, but it wasn't worth it. No shame for me though. I just wanted to see what they could do, and I certainly found out. Damn they are fast!!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by S2K-DJ
Originally Posted by gabolges2k' timestamp='1307200712' post='20648594
I usually do to, but yesterday this new Camaro SS just wouldn't leave me alone, so I figured "why not". I immediately regretted it, as I was blown away badly. He was toying with me on the highway, then eventually at high speeds just took off waving goodbye. I gave my stock S all it had, but it wasn't worth it. No shame for me though. I just wanted to see what they could do, and I certainly found out. Damn they are fast!!

they are fast, ive never raced one tho...whats weird is that when i had a 96 civic everyone wanted to race me, now that i have the s2000 everyone just like to look at it since where i live theres hardly none...
Old 06-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by RC 94
Originally Posted by S2Kart' timestamp='1304775990' post='20549219

[/quote]

I actually ran my buddies f150 tonight. It's an 03 5.4 with intake/exhaust/chipped nothing spectacular like some newer trucks are with crazy horsepower. We ran from a stop just to give him a chance, but it didn't matter. I feathered the clutch in from around 5k and he immediately disappeared. By the top of 3rd he was at least 10 cars lengths back, by the middle of fourth I let out. So, I can't imagine a truck with 50-100hp more would beat the S.

This was at my private track of course.

edit: And for reference, the 08 Tundra with 381hp runs the 1/4 in high 14's - mid 15's depending on the magazine and that shouldn't beat the S either. I think whoever said 450 wheel hp would be required to take the S for a full size truck is probably correct

Quick Reply: People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car