S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car

Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

yep...trucks...I usually just leave it in 6th and hop in front though
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in nyc too..people here r nasty, kiddos r so dumb here.when i was stock,almost everytime i drive out,people wants to race me. Almsot anything u can imagine, from scions to bmws.. but after i am boost with a wide body kit,n single loud exhaust, i barely got anyone guns on me. Beside some dumb kid hight light on me while tailgating me... i got bitches in bmw break hard in front of me,made me almost hitted her rear end. I got dumb kid tailgating me so close., while i maintain atleast 1 bus length in front of me,still ended up kid almost rear ens me.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by leo520
Beside some dumb kid hight light on me while tailgating me... i got bitches in bmw break hard in front of me,made me almost hitted her rear end. I got dumb kid tailgating me so close., while i maintain atleast 1 bus length in front of me,still ended up kid almost rear ens me.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yet..i am sure i am not the only in NYC metro areas
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to spirited driving; few cars are worthy of my attention. I have no interest in proving myself to a young punk in a Nissan or BMW. I'll only entertain cars that I admire, which generally means select Porches, Astons, Audis, etc. and ONLY if they show interest. Examples of cars that I ignore include the C-class, Cadillacs, Acuras, Lexus, and all non-luxury brands (Honda included). This has nothing to do with money and my car is not crazy fast, it's just that I want something in exchange for my effort. Sorry but your entry-level Benz doesn't impress me in the slightest.

I think a lot of non-car people know little about the S2000 and are curious about it's performance. I mean, it looks fast..but it's a Honda. How fast could it be? Well unless you drive something nice you won't find out from me.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone keeps on trying to mess with the S. I give them a gear or two of WOT. My exahust is so loud it scares people and usally they never pull up next to me again. Espically if they have their window down haha
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by s2krazy01
Admittedly, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to spirited driving; few cars are worthy of my attention. I have no interest in proving myself to a young punk in a Nissan or BMW. I'll only entertain cars that I admire, which generally means select Porches, Astons, Audis, etc. and ONLY if they show interest. Examples of cars that I ignore include the C-class, Cadillacs, Acuras, Lexus, and all non-luxury brands (Honda included). This has nothing to do with money and my car is not crazy fast, it's just that I want something in exchange for my effort. Sorry but your entry-level Benz doesn't impress me in the slightest.

I think a lot of non-car people know little about the S2000 and are curious about it's performance. I mean, it looks fast..but it's a Honda. How fast could it be? Well unless you drive something nice you won't find out from me.

Originally Posted by 05Silverbeast
If someone keeps on trying to mess with the S. I give them a gear or two of WOT. My exahust is so loud it scares people and usally they never pull up next to me again. Espically if they have their window down haha
So if people try to race you. You race them when they arent racing?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Lol, I knew that was going to come out wrong. There are a lot of ignorant pricks where I live...A LOT. It's usually some 20-something loser who lives with his parents and thinks he's a baller in his C-class or a 17 y/o brat in a V6 Mustang who doesn't know how slow his car is. I don't like these people so I don't give them the attention they want.

For the general purpose ricers in Hondas, Nissans, etc. I understand that they're probably just excited about the car and I appreciate that. As long as people know their place in the food chain we can get along.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Funniest little Jetta I could've seen, had *FREE DROPS EAT SNITZELS* on the rear window going 10 under the limit, passed him and when he noticed, he slammed on the gas and we got to a stoplight. His passenger had the nerve to knock on my window for a race. Light went green, front tires began to smoke and he never noticed the unmarked copcar on my right. Pulled over FTW
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 05Silverbeast
The thread that keeps on giving.

Quick Reply: People wanting to race you in a very unlikely car