S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2k in capable... VERY capable hands

Old 07-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice piece of driving - this guy sure know how to use his S2K,
the vid from the F1 circuit, with the GT3 and AC Cobra is even more impressive - always nice to see a car maxed to its potential

https://youtu.be/u1NId2SNzQE

ps - i agree with the criticism about "how they're driving on public roads" yet, these are the Alps, not taking the advantage when you're there is so hard..
Old 07-12-2015, 01:47 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1436681162' post='23677813
[quote name='yamahaSHO' timestamp='1436677217' post='23677800']
[quote name='sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1436644872' post='23677502']
im not impressed in the slightest

Agreed. That wasn't really pushing it, IMHO. They looked like they were having fun though.
Have you guys ever driven fast on real roads? With cliffs? It's a little different than driving around cones in parking lots. Knowing how to drive within a margin is important.
[/quote]

Yes, I used to do it pretty regularly when I lived in Denver. I did stay in my own lane though. I rarely do the autoX thing as I like to go faster.
[/quote]

You pretty regularly drove the speed limit in Denver and posted sped up videos of slow driving to YouTube?

And you go to the track to make sure you drive in the middle of the road. Avoiding curbs and apexes at all costs? Watch Xav's videos and compare them to your own and ask yourself why you even bother.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO' timestamp='1436732547' post='23678204
[quote name='andrewhake' timestamp='1436681162' post='23677813']
[quote name='yamahaSHO' timestamp='1436677217' post='23677800']
[quote name='sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1436644872' post='23677502']
im not impressed in the slightest

Agreed. That wasn't really pushing it, IMHO. They looked like they were having fun though.
Have you guys ever driven fast on real roads? With cliffs? It's a little different than driving around cones in parking lots. Knowing how to drive within a margin is important.
[/quote]

Yes, I used to do it pretty regularly when I lived in Denver. I did stay in my own lane though. I rarely do the autoX thing as I like to go faster.
[/quote]

You pretty regularly drove the speed limit in Denver and posted sped up videos of slow driving to YouTube?
[/quote]

Funny as you are, that's not Denver since there aren't any mountains actually in Denver. As far as the speed limit, the truck I caught up to at the end was doing the speed limit. I have a lot of canyon videos, but I do not bother with posting them.

Originally Posted by andrewhake
And you go to the track to make sure you drive in the middle of the road. Avoiding curbs and apexes at all costs? Watch Xav's videos and compare them to your own and ask yourself why you even bother.
My lines and curb avoiding on that particular track are for a reason. The track is in poor shape and many of the curbs there are poorly placed and too short to hit without dipping a wheel in the already dug up dirt before and after them (and I do still use a few of them). However, since you'd like to be an asshole... if you must see me using curbs (to include two wheeling it):

http://youtu.be/1z81bQigKKo?t=2m43s

https://youtu.be/JLlWGxA6tg0?t=2m9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3jWgUhATU

As already stated the video originally posted wasn't anything spectacular. It looked like two guys canyon carving, just a bit recklessly. It sure wasn't anything spectacular. Some of us aren't quite as impressed as some of you are. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by HarryD
I like how this thread has become a pissing contest, when the only reasonable response is the driver is an entitled douche putting *innocent* people in danger.

I really wish I owned this car back when only older enthusiasts could afford it, instead of all you boy racers.

Sorry, but very irresponsible driving
The guys in video actually slow down in residential areas and most of high speed shenanigans happen in countryside. Not to mention that it is Europe where they have such less issues with speed on public roads.
As far as these guys having no skills,
you guys who criticize are being ridiculous....
Old 07-12-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry we are not swinging off their nuts. Speeding through public areas and traffic, and then posting the video. Like I said, tool shed.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bunch of fools. Doesn't seem very capable considering he needs to take up both lanes just to keep up with the other turd.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a "boy racer" in the process of growing up I struggle with these videos :sigh
Old 07-12-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Pissing match? Hardly. I like to chime in on posts like this to remind people that we SHARE roads. Bombing through those one lane tunnels is reckless and dangerous. It could have easily been a headon with that minivan at 3mins. Then the following s2k would have rear ended the lead car. Would you want to kill your buddy? Sure go over the probability, prob less that .1%. But with life on the line, why risk it?

Am I a saint? Hardly. I've done my fair share of dumb things, and I know that public roads are not race tracks. Maybe you havent done as much dirt as I have. I know that public roads can have oil slicks, coolant patches, other idiots driving reckless head on. But worst of all are impressionable kids. Its up to us to set a good example for kids, otherwise they see us as a fringe and think that its ok to drive like this. Too many headstrong monkey see monkey do kids get killed.

Its only magnified when your a better than average driver. When we do dumb things, we're so far beyond others limits, if they even try to mimic you they will crash and possibly die.

A good instructor doesnt show you too much, just what you need because they dont want you to push too far and get in over your head.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Looks super fun if it was a legit closed course. Good thing a kid didn't jump out, still looks soooo fun though.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

As a graduate of the school of hard knocks, the whole system is messed up. We need more HPDE's more autocross, more hillclimbs. If they opened the roads to it once/twice a year, I feel that younger people will respect it more. It will give them a reason to follow the law other than the financial punishment.

and higher speedlimits. Just got hit with a 70 in a 50 at 5:30am. I'm hardly a menace to society, but in the eyes of NYC I now have a pending 8 points and 2K easy in fines. For some nonsense.

Quick Reply: S2k in capable... VERY capable hands