S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Stock S2k vs C4s Vs NEW GT3

Old 01-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock S2k vs C4s Vs NEW GT3

wow.. is the least i can say about sat nights drive....

ok ok.. so i am driving down the 101 from oxnard to LA ... so i hop on the freeway, driving all fast n furious ... about 2 min later.. i see xenons comming at me quick.. i coudlnt tell what it was, so i was like.. blah.. i keep driving fast and stupid in between cars and just simply trying to get ahead of traffic.. well, now i have 2 sets of xenons following me.. hmmm, wtf .. i guess we have tag alongs for the ride.. i decide to slow down and see what was behind me..

whaaaaaaaaam..... Yellow GT3 straight from the showroom floor passes me then slow down too.. then immediatly after that a fairly new Black C4S does the same..

im all wet at this point.. i drop gear and pass them.. here is the amazing part!!!! THEY F'n FOLLOW... does this ever happen?? NO... i happen to run across people with nice fast cars that actually want to have fun with them.. wow.. how rare!!! lol.. <sarcasim off>...

anyhow.. about 10 min into have a nice little gumball run, we all line up... i dumped it first as i knew i had NO chance here, 85. drop to 4th , now in vtec.. i start o slightly pull away .. soon as i get into mid 5th.. the C4S dropps it and pulls on me like childs play.. we wound it out till about 140ish (suprisiing nobody was on that stretch of road at that time) .. i stay on him about 5-6 cars back up to that till he let off.. prob more cars come to think about it.. but at that speed, it was close enough to feel good about my car.. the C4S drive gave me a thumbs up too..

the GT3 guy just stayed back and watch.ed it all.. guess he knew he could take us BOTH ... haha..

anyhow.. pretty much had all this fun till i exited... they kept going ..

i have never ran across people with nice cars willing to actually have fun with them and invite others too!! .. damn best drive i ever had on the hwy !!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2Kabob,Jan 22 2007, 05:54 PM
wow.. is the least i can say about sat nights drive....

ok ok.. so i am driving down the 101 from oxnard to LA ... so i hop on the freeway, driving all fast n furious ... about 2 min later.. i see xenons comming at me quick.. i coudlnt tell what it was, so i was like.. blah.. i keep driving fast and stupid in between cars and just simply trying to get ahead of traffic.. well, now i have 2 sets of xenons following me.. hmmm, wtf .. i guess we have tag alongs for the ride.. i decide to slow down and see what was behind me..

whaaaaaaaaam..... Yellow GT3 straight from the showroom floor passes me then slow down too.. then immediatly after that a fairly new Black C4S does the same..

im all wet at this point.. i drop gear and pass them.. here is the amazing part!!!! THEY F'n FOLLOW... does this ever happen?? NO... i happen to run across people with nice fast cars that actually want to have fun with them.. wow.. how rare!!! lol.. <sarcasim off>...

anyhow.. about 10 min into have a nice little gumball run, we all line up... i dumped it first as i knew i had NO chance here, 85. drop to 4th , now in vtec.. i start o slightly pull away .. soon as i get into mid 5th.. the C4S dropps it and pulls on me like childs play.. we wound it out till about 140ish (suprisiing nobody was on that stretch of road at that time) .. i stay on him about 5-6 cars back up to that till he let off.. prob more cars come to think about it.. but at that speed, it was close enough to feel good about my car.. the C4S drive gave me a thumbs up too..

the GT3 guy just stayed back and watch.ed it all.. guess he knew he could take us BOTH ... haha..

anyhow.. pretty much had all this fun till i exited... they kept going ..

i have never ran across people with nice cars willing to actually have fun with them and invite others too!! .. damn best drive i ever had on the hwy !!
Nice runs sounds like alot of fun
Old 01-22-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow....except the weaving in traffic parts, amazing story. an honorable death.

gt3 most likely wasn't broken in yet, smart of the owner to have stayed chill
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM

man i wish i was boosted !!! i would of given the C4 a run for his mun!!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg,Jan 22 2007, 03:05 PM
gt3 most likely wasn't broken in yet, smart of the owner to have stayed chill
it's a $100K toy he won't risk it.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:09 PM

i think their engines are broken in from the factory
Old 01-22-2007, 04:42 PM

it's nice seeing those when i'm in that area around west LA . i've seen two 996 gt3's bone out on santa monica like bats out of hell engines screamin. last time i was there i saw a maranello going pretty fast on the 405 late at night.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:54 PM

Wow! I work in Port Hueneme and hit that stretch of the 101 freeway in my S2K all time. I've seen some nice cars too, just never any willing to play when the road is wide open.

Good story!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:17 PM

just saw the Yellow GT3 today @ lunch.. opposite side of the freeway
Old 01-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

nice story hah