S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

trip to mexico with a challenger....

Old 02-03-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trip to mexico with a challenger....

So the other day I happened to be involved in some spirited driving on the local highway in south Carolina.... this particular highway is a divided highway 3 lanes each side, with barricade median, it screams for speeders, and police tend to avoid it. Long story short, there's a nice s bend, and a sweeping turn before you enter a 6 mile, almost dead straight section of road speed limit 65?

So this challenger comes up behind me... mind you, only car on the road, and is riding right on my rear bumper, (75mph). All of a sudden, he backs off, then floors it and comes right up along my passenger side, I was in the mood for some fun and since we were in mexico at the time, I wasn't worried about illegal activity, so I pushed the pedal (no downshift to 5th) stuck right along side for a second, started to pull about 100mph and kept accelerating beyond 100 until he was about 6 lengths back (I'm 99% sure this was a 3.5l v6 at this point) at 135 the s2 started to feel a little light in the rear so I let off, he kept rolling on through and that's where I came up with my questions...

S2000 vs v6 challenger I win?
Top speed of said challenger?
If it was an r/t how badly would he have blown me away... I typically don't push the speed limits of my 06 s2000, but I enjoy twisty roads and things like that with her. Thoughts?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo... Are you in South Carolina, or Mexico?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM

^ lmao that shit got me too. Maybe he was talking about its in a "Mexico" as in a highway roll race lol
Old 02-03-2014, 10:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your car stock? and you didn't down shift from 6th gear? are you sure he wasn't playing with you
Old 02-04-2014, 05:05 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsmorepower!
So this challenger comes up behind me... mind you, only car on the road, and is riding right on my rear bumper, (75mph). All of a sudden, he backs off, then floors it and comes right up along my passenger side
If you are the only car on the road how was he able to come up on your passenger side? I dont think there is any car the s2000 can beat if it is in 6th gear at 75mph.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 AM

Intake/test pipe. So yes, stock. As for the rest, I don't know, that's why I was asking, it wasn't really like he jumped on it, it was basically pushing the pedal further and further to the floor until it was really rolling.... I know nothing about the challenger v6 other than its got to be super heavy, and can't have a ton more horsepower than an s... I've never liked dodge or their products except the srt line (starting at the srt-6) my roommate (big dodge fan) said the 3.5 challenger puts down like 350 horsepower which seems absurd that it was so evenly matching the s.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gigdy

If you are the only car on the road how was he able to come up on your passenger side? I dont think there is any car the s2000 can beat if it is in 6th gear at 75mph.
I was in the middle lane, of the 3 lane side he was in the right lane. I hate right lanes of south carolina, all torn up from trucks and things.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by IrishCarBomb
Is your car stock? and you didn't down shift from 6th gear? are you sure he wasn't playing with you
He may have been, I wasn't really interested in a "race" otherwise I would have downshifted to 4th more than likely.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by blkwidow
Sooooo... Are you in South Carolina, or Mexico?
We refer to the highway as mexico for some reason... I guess so it doesn't get publicized as a high-speed hotspot for the police.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Probably a V6. For all of that horsepower the V6 Challenger just can't get past all of that weight. I killed one from a dig, so I don't see any trouble killing one from a roll.

Yes all street races occur in Mexico, where everything is legal.

Quick Reply: trip to mexico with a challenger....