S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

What would you have done?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you have done?

Just wanted to see if I'm just a race hungry person, or if I'm a pretty average FI S2k owner. Lol

A couple of friends and I were cruising around, them in front and me behind them.
I saw a C5 followed by a C6z going the opposite direction. The guy in the C5 is usually down to run, and always speeding around and revving his car in a ricer fashion. (It does sound good though) I did a bit of a ricer move and revved at them although they were going the opposite direction. We get to the next light, I look back and headlights are coming my way.. they pull up beside us and start revving. I do my thing and bounce off 2step a bit.
Light goes green they do their ricer thing and speed off a bit and get in front of the other cars on the road, I proceed to follow in a safe manner (meaning not speeding, but speeding up gradually enough to get in front safely). Next light and my friends let me get in the front of the line beside the C5.
Looked over, nodded, revved. He does the same.
Light is red, other street lights go from green to yellow. I proceed to slightly sit on 2step just enough to build 1-2psi of boost. Light goes green, we launch. I
I'm out 2-2.5 cars ahead. Time to shift.. and I shift to 3rd (blew 2nd a while back) and he starts creeping back up.. 6k.. 7k.. 8k.. (dam it, rpms drop a lot from 1-3) He's up about a car up and holding, closer to 9k and I'm reeling in the fish. Throw to 4th and get on the brakes due to a slight curve coming up ahead.

Make small talk at next light and inform him that I don't have a 2nd gear and had to do a 1-3rd maneuver..

Kinda sucks that its technically a loss, but ish happens.. I couldn't not race him.. Lol

What would you have done?
A) Let him go because you dont have a 2nd gear.. and your running from a dead stop..

B) Do your best to fck a ninja up.

C) Not instigated a race to begin with.

His mods from what I'm told by the guy who tuned it.
Basic bolt-ons (idk what this consists off.. ) Long tube headers, and a basic tune.
Both vettes were auto.
I didn't care to race the C6z, seemed slower than the C5.

Otw home I get on it a bit, notice I'm holding 12psi.. I was tuned for 14-15 (creep to 15, hold 14).
Then I remembered I had it turned down to 12 for the colder days so that it'd only creep to 14 if it does manage to creep up.

Just thought I'd share the small fun I had tonight
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt race missing gears myself. I would be afraid of a total failure ( lockup) destroying other things with it.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by godmachine,Dec 10 2010, 11:31 PM
I wouldnt race missing gears myself. I would be afraid of a total failure ( lockup) destroying other things with it.
Been driving it since the gear failed at the track.
Still dailying it 1-3-4-5-6-R.
Waiting on a guy to get his clutch in so that he can put his AP2 trans/rear into his car and I can get his tranny.

I haven't beaten on the car since that last track day, till tonight. Itch needed scratching.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

well this means only one thing
Get a new tranny and have 2nd gear..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I know what I would have done. I would have read the rules and not posted in the Forced Induction forum.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Oops, I knew something was weird..
I usually frequent the FI area and just naturally went straight to that one.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:04 AM

3rd gear roll...LOL
Old 12-12-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Dec 11 2010, 06:30 AM
I know what I would have done. I would have read the rules and not posted in the Forced Induction forum.
!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

3rd gear roll.

Also.. There's probably no way a bolt on auto C5 (LS1) base will ever be faster than a stock C6 Z without some kind of forced induction/power adder or a LS7..

One more correction.. no zo6 comes in auto..

So unless he had a built auto transmission.. You probably ran an auto Grand Sport (LS3) assuming it had the flared rear and front fenders.. And that should spank a bolt on c5 as well..
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM

I remember when you blew 2nd. At Baytown. didnt know that was you. Damn i thought you were going to fix that!

Quick Reply: What would you have done?