S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

**Official** Whats my car worth?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Weasel497
Originally Posted by Lil Dre' timestamp='1374734320' post='22686047
Your selling it
Seriously considering it. I'm getting bored of the modified car scene. Too much hate, too much drama. Looking to pass her onto a good home and fill the empty spot in my garage with an 80's Porsche 911.
I hear you bro.
At least she has a good replacement
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 PM

Selling my AP1, did I price it right?

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/3966417586.html
Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 AM

I'm curious what my car is worth. I had thought about selling it a couple of years ago, but figure I wouldn't get much for it, but saw some recent FS adds for similar cars that were asking for considerably more than what I had thought I'd get. Anyways, here's some details and old pic that's still pretty representative aside from what's noted.

2004 Silverstone with Black interior
Whole car in excellent condition including interior with very minimal wear (slight wear on bottom on steering wheel) and a couple of small spots of scratched/missing paint on front lip from a truck that kicked up a tire piece at my lip a few years ago
40k miles
Located in SoCal

2nd owner (I purchased it with 9k miles)
Always garaged
Never tracked
Everything original

OEM Hardtop with all OEM hardware (have DIY hardtop rack)
Soft-top - perfect condition under hardtop, no tears, cuts anything
OEM front lip
OEM rear spoiler (not the lip spoiler, I like this one much more)
17x7.5F 17x8.5R BBS LMs with new Sumi HTRZIIIs 205/255 (pic shows RSZ-Rs)
Tanabe springs (mild 0.75" drop, stock-like ride just a touch firmer) - not shown in pic (so it's lower now than in the pic)
Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust
Buddy Club Big Brake Kit in Imola Orange (literally put on yesterday)
Nakamichi CD45 head unit with Modifry DCI unit
Morel front components
Amp in trunk (Kicker ultrasoft wires throughout)
OEM car cover
OEM tanneau cover (never used)
Always used Honda MTF
Oil has either been Amsoil, Motul or Mobil1 (M1 only the last few oil changes because I ran out of Amsoil and Motul)
LE607 rear diff fluid (about 5 bottles still left...I bought a LOT back then)
Coolant flushed beginning of this year
Spare parts (OEM brakes, new OEM brake pads, cabin filter, etc.)

So let me know what is a realistic value. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Hi everyone,

As much as I always thought I would keep my S2000 for a long time, I'm tired of having 3 cars and I need my primary car to be useful in the winter. I have found a nearly new 2012 Volkswagen Golf R that I am thinking about buying. I know KBB numbers are not realistic on low mileage cars, but I can't seem to get anywhere near their numbers. How much do you guys think I should accept on trade-in? I have a 2000 S2000 Silverstone/Red with 15,000 miles in excellent condition. The only modifications are a K&N intake and an aftermarket radio. But I have all original parts that could be put back on.

If the trade-in offers are not acceptable to me, do you think I should hassle with selling it on my own? How much do you think it is worth if I sell on my own? Thanks for your help. I hadn't really thought about selling it before, but I think it's time.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

where are you located? i would be intersted in buying your s2000 if u are near california
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM

If you are near IL, I might be interested depending on price.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM

I'm in Ohio
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you're almost always better off selling it on your own
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000Matt
If the trade-in offers are not acceptable to me, do you think I should hassle with selling it on my own? How much do you think it is worth if I sell on my own?
On trade-in, I would use the KBB trade-in values (which are high for trade-in, but you want to go in high and be willing to come down a little bit -- but not a lot) and try to hammer on the dealership to give you those numbers. KBB value varies by region so you need to get the numbers appropriate for your region.

That stated, historically, selling privately always yields a higher sale price. The downside of selling it yourself is you have to deal with the hassles of selling a car. Some people hate that, and justifiably so. That is an individual decision. I personally have never traded in a car. But that's just me. I've always been able to deal with the hassle and I've also always been very fortunate that all the sales went smoothly. I personally find haggling with dealers over the value of my car(s) to be more distasteful and painful than the hassles of selling one on Craigslist or AutoTrader.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:43 PM

I actually work at the dealership so I only have so much negotiating power, especially when they are giving me a good price on the new car. KBB has the car at $24,000 based on the mileage, which is definitely high. I don't even think I can get $19K though because they don't know what they can sell it for.

Quick Reply: **Official** Whats my car worth?