S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

AP2------------->AP1....Let the fun begin!

Old 11-22-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Well, I suppose the worst case is I have to do the head when the mileage gets up there which isn't all that big a deal. Worse things can happen for sure. Right now it does not burn a thimble full of oil between changes so I guess the guides are pretty good at the moment.

I was under this car last week for the first time and I was blown away by how clean it is at age 15. Amazing. But, I'm not going to stress too much over it. I bought it to drive and that is what I am going to do. I do need to keep it off the roads once the salt starts going down. Next year I'll get it in storage sooner. It was such a mild fall I got lulled into complacency. The fall colors here in Vermont with gorgeous blue skies and warm days sucked me in. Life is short.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

^ Indeed, life is short and while these are special cars, there are still enough of them that we should be out there driving them, not mothballing them. However i'd probably rather use something else if i had serious winters too.

Time is flying by here. My new mountain bike obsession has taken hold but i have continued to progress with the AP1! First track day is in the books, but my GoPro memory card crapped itself and I haven't been all the psyched on a video-less blog entry for that. I'm going back to the track on 1/7 though.

Anyway, still got some cool stuff to share, here is the latest!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Why should you NEVER cancel your track day due to rain? I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! Video included for comic relief!
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/xcms_ent...cmsentryid=291
Old 01-27-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexHunter
Howdy folks,
I spent the last couple of years doing HPDE with my lightly tuned, full comfort, true blue streetcar Evo 8. It was great, but a few months ago i realized i really wanted to be doing track stuff in an S2000, as it is a more challenging and engaging car that requires more skill and finesse. I had an AP2, but the car was mint and thus I couldn't afford to have something happen to it at the track. So i sold it and picked up a decent AP1 for about half the cost. This is what i should have bought in the first place.

I'll be keeping this thread updated as i go! I look forward to your comments and feedback!

Here is entry # 1: https://www.heeltoeauto.com/xcms_ent...cmsentryid=262

And just finished entry #2 yesterday: https://www.heeltoeauto.com/road-grime-the-re-awakening-of-an-s2000-enthusiast-part-deux.html
This is my same story...minus the evo! AP1 ftw!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:47 PM

Haha, wow really?
You know, i was looking longingly at some pics of my ap2 the other day, but i snapped out of it quick. I am having so much more fun with this AP1!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexHunter
Thanks Harry!
Regarding the dipstick, reading it was funky on my AP2 also. This thread sums it up pretty well. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...-986665/page2/
this link is dead for me
Old 01-31-2017, 10:35 PM

Huh, just tried it again, still working for me. Here is the URL anyway: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...k-read-986665/

edit: This site is determined to title the link rather than show just the url. Here it is broken up: s2ki.com/forums/s2000-under-hood-22/side-dipstick-read-986665/
Old 02-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

nice write ups! I always like reading others experiences
Old 02-07-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know about potential issues with cashiers checks until I bought my AP2 couple of years ago. Seller was adamant about cash transaction. Luckily he banked at the same bank I used so when I flew into Boise ID we went to the bank to do the transaction.

This was just after I had accepted a $30k+ check for a car I had sold private party. And then I was stupid enough to accept another cashiers check for a car I sold a few months ago. In both cases I saw the check being drawn by the bank...but the buyers could have cancelled it later and caused all sorts of problems for me.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new older car! I enjoyed your blog posts. I picked up an '02 last year and I love it. I'm sort of in the same boat as you used to be though...it's so nice that I'm somewhat scared to hurt it. Fortunately I have my trusty old '92 Miata for when I'm feeling extra frisky.

Quick Reply: AP2------------->AP1....Let the fun begin!