S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Current S2000 market conditions: Going up?

Old 03-19-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnut12
It is funny they couldn't give away the S2000's at the end of the run, I almost bought a CR, almost wish I did at this point. It is too bad they stopped making it, it didn't get enough respect in its day.
Yep. I remember stopping by the local Honda dealer back when I was in college to get my integra serviced, and they had a CR heavily discounted.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To add what's already been mentioned, cars I want seem to always be a little beyond my budget.
2 years ago I could find clean NSXs with good histories for 36K in SoCal. Now they're in the high 40s. It's very debatable that the new NSX is driving this, but it's possible.
All manual coupes: Z3M and Z4M Coupes have also gone up about $5K in the last year or two. E36 M3s are up by 20%. Caymans are the only cars coming down, but that's because they're so new they still depreciate--but they're $21K cars with Porsche running expenses.
Hoping to find a non-black interior S2000 with hardtop sometime soon which hasn't been modified for a price I can afford, but my tastes are becoming more expensive as the market goes up for anything I want. For a no-nonsense, no issue AP2 it'll probably be >$17K, which is about $4K too dear for me now. Maybe in a year.
My X 1/9 doesn't exactly tickle me anymore. Seems like those have increased in value from $3600 to $3700 in the past few years. Less than COLA. And I've got $3500 worth of parts I bought to fix it, and A/C doesn't exist. And it still has <95hp at the crank