S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

In the depths of s2k storage withdrawal syndrome?

Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryD
Sometimes I chuckle when I think of how I can drive top down in California for 365 days out of the year, and seldom get a drop of water inside the cabin, barely cranking the heater.

And then I look at real estate prices and think... Yea, the rest of the country wins. I'll happily garage the S for winter for $500k-1m off a big house and some land

Grass is always greener folks!

... Where's that damn therapist already?
We used to live in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay area (Santa Clara) and I miss the weather and driving roads out there. Comparitively speaking, where I live in Illinois is a car enthusiast's nightmare, and both of my non-dd's are in storage. California IS expensive, but we sure had a lot of fun!
Old 01-16-2017, 04:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put mine away at the first of December... but New years day was a very nice day where the temperature almost got up to freezing... so i pulled it back out and went for a spin
Old 01-16-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I could use some therapy as well - mine has been away for 2 months to the day. And my daily is a 99 Accord Coupe 4 Cyl (aka NSX jr.) and it redlines at 6300rpm. Ughhhh.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Sucks yes, and it's under comprehensive while in storage.. so from November until May.. blah..

Waiting for warmer weather to install some parts too.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Went to pull the S out today...dead battery.
now with new battery...and some fun mileage.
back in storage.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryD
Sometimes I chuckle when I think of how I can drive top down in California for 365 days out of the year, and seldom get a drop of water inside the cabin, barely cranking the heater.

And then I look at real estate prices and think... Yea, the rest of the country wins. I'll happily garage the S for winter for $500k-1m off a big house and some land

Grass is always greener folks!

... Where's that damn therapist already?
Well, there's also the horrible politics, the outrageous taxes, the crumbling infrastructure...

About the ONLY thing that CA wins on is the climate. It is nice, however, to be able to run extreme performance summer tires year round-even if you need to be a little more cautious in the cold/wet.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:55 AM

I guess I couldn't handle it anymore, lol.

I put the car up for full coverage insurance for this weekend only since Chicago is hitting near 60 on Saturday.

Installed some car parts last night and will finish the rest of the installs saturday morning...

Already called ahead with ISP (state police) that I'll be making a few early morning highway runs.

I estimate I'll burn through a tank or more that day just from putzing around just about everywhere.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
I guess I couldn't handle it anymore, lol.

I put the car up for full coverage insurance for this weekend only since Chicago is hitting near 60 on Saturday.

Installed some car parts last night and will finish the rest of the installs saturday morning...

Already called ahead with ISP (state police) that I'll be making a few early morning highway runs.

I estimate I'll burn through a tank or more that day just from putzing around just about everywhere.
This part has me intrigued. Could you elaborate as to why the authorities need to be contacted?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nerd-Vol
This part has me intrigued. Could you elaborate as to why the authorities need to be contacted?
Apologies, should have clarified, one of my good friends has been on the force there for years, he also owns I think a gen 1 NSX, used to own an 03 spa s2k.

Figured more than anything he would like to tag along with since he works down in that area. I'll probably bring the 70D along for photos.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm from Minnesota, and i'm active outdoors men. My S has been in storage since November. Did some hunting, then The only way to keep me calm during these snow fall is Ice fishing. lol

Quick Reply: In the depths of s2k storage withdrawal syndrome?