Don't let people lean on your car. - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Don't let people lean on your car.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #1

Default Don't let people lean on your car.

I noticed these cars get these smooth dents really easy. I leaned on my fender for a second and noticed parallel level with the fender.. you can see a wave from a smooth dent. 2ndly, on my previous S2K at a local car show.. a friend leaned on the quarter panel and when he got off the part he leaned on, popped, but still left a small dent. Don't push down on the hood to close it like my cousin did cause not I noticed yet more smooth wavey dents

This is my FYI.
AZ-S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #2

Even though my car is old and not in the greatest condition on the outside, I still don't like it when people touch my car. LOL. If someone sat on my car I think I would throw a fit. Its not a chair! I also don't like it when other people open or close my hood or trunk. My wife slams my trunk closed every time... ohhhh that gets to me.
CoolGuy094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGuy094 View Post
Even though my car is old and not in the greatest condition on the outside, I still don't like it when people touch my car. LOL. If someone sat on my car I think I would throw a fit. Its not a chair! I also don't like it when other people open or close my hood or trunk. My wife slams my trunk closed every time... ohhhh that gets to me.
I recently had a CR wing installed and my fiance would close the trunk as she would before. But with the increased weight, it "slams". I told her many times, if you keep doing that and you break it, I get to buy a new toy. It works.
TW00Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #4

I hate it when people slam my door. Everyone does it too. Like what the f@#k? Yeah, yeah they do dent really easily. I found a few dents myself on my gpw.
NYGPW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGPW08 View Post
I hate it when people slam my door. Everyone does it too. Like what the f@#k? Yeah, yeah they do dent really easily. I found a few dents myself on my gpw.
I get that too.. I mean its the lightest smallest door in the world, doesn't need much force. And its a small low car, why lean on it?
AZ-S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

Honda sheetmetal is really thin, I only seem to get dents and door dings on my Hondas. I have a dent on my front fender too, when I was installing my new motor I had to lean over to tighten a bolt and it left a dent like you described.
zeroptzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #7

Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol
El S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #8

Leaning on an s2k makes no sense, it's like leaning on a guardrail.
blondienirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by El S2000 View Post
Agreed.. I have a small one on my driver side fender and Ill be damned if I dont see it every time I get in the car. I dont care if anyone else doesn't notice it cuz I do and its annoying lol
Have you looked into getting it fixed since it bothers you so? If you have never used one before, you might be surprised at what a paintless dent removal guru can do for very little cost. I completely know what you mean about no one else seeing it but it still driving you nuts. BTDT.
RMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #10

Chick wanted to take a picture leaning on my front fender a few years back. She was hot, petite, with a bubble butt, in tight jean shorts... with rivets. No way that was going to happen, not even bare assed, well maybe bare assed.
mister x is offline   Reply With Quote