S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

Old 05-27-2015, 04:12 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts
Default Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/953...-thread-vol-2/

And so on and so forth.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll start out. Interested at looking at this, but I don't know how to adjust for the body damage and that fact that it no longer has a clean car fax. Any ideas?

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/112...a-s2000-13000/
Old 05-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xdime00
I'll start out. Interested at looking at this, but I don't know how to adjust for the body damage and that fact that it no longer has a clean car fax. Any ideas?

Seems to be priced pretty reasonably IMO. You never see AP2s that cheap even with damage.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Originally Posted by xdime00' timestamp='1433033831' post='23630505

Seems to be priced pretty reasonably IMO. You never see AP2s that cheap even with damage.

I agree...I think the damage is already factored into the price for the most part... You might be able to shave a little off here or there, but magnitude wise, I think the price is in the right ballpark...
Old 05-31-2015, 12:04 PM

I'm in Texas right now in tech school and I was originally going to get a civic SI till I found this beauty.
2002 110k miles on it.
My father is in GA looking at it.
He does a lot of stuff with a car he drives a moded to the teeth Evo.
But it's not a S2000
I read the thread on all the common issues and things to look at.
Their asking 11k for it and it all looks in good condition. Seats aren't worn.
Tires look good.
Brakes need to be replaced.
Top looks good.
Taking it to Honda for a compression test tomorrow.
Good deal and anything to really look out for?
Old 05-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Clean title? Look for any signs of accidents. Other than that your doing the right stuff. Compression test. Maybe have the inspect the retainers for signs of over rev. Look for matching vin stickers on all the panels.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of a friend is moving and selling their 2004 S2k. I'm tempted to buy it but there are so few for sale in my area that it's very tough to gauge price. That's where I'm hoping you guys come in

Details: 2004 black on black, 68k miles, driven by an adult woman except for her husband has driven it somewhat hard occasionally it sounded like. Parked outside for its entire life. Aftermarket stereo, new battery, no mods. Has tonneau cover.
Location: SF Bay Area, California (the car has always lived in this area too)
Mechanical: Visual inspection of engine seemed fine but I didn't look underneath yet.
Issues:
- Paint on front bumper is peeling and right door paint is oxidized badly towards the top. I'd have to go back with a claybar to see if it's fixable but I think it needs to be repainted. He said the front bumper was re-sprayed once due to parking dings but it seems like it wasn't a good job since it is peeling.
- Brake pads are low
- Top has some small tears that are sewn up. He said it doesn't leak.
- It has newish all-season tires so I'll want to get some stickier rubber ASAP
- The aforementioned occasional hooning by the husband

Due to these issues, what do you think is a good price range for this S2000? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you think of $13,900?

Originally Posted by hapa_dude
A friend of a friend is moving and selling their 2004 S2k. I'm tempted to buy it but there are so few for sale in my area that it's very tough to gauge price. That's where I'm hoping you guys come in

Details: 2004 black on black, 68k miles, driven by an adult woman except for her husband has driven it somewhat hard occasionally it sounded like. Parked outside for its entire life. Aftermarket stereo, new battery, no mods. Has tonneau cover.
Location: SF Bay Area, California (the car has always lived in this area too)
Mechanical: Visual inspection of engine seemed fine but I didn't look underneath yet.
Issues:
- Paint on front bumper is peeling and right door paint is oxidized badly towards the top. I'd have to go back with a claybar to see if it's fixable but I think it needs to be repainted. He said the front bumper was re-sprayed once due to parking dings but it seems like it wasn't a good job since it is peeling.
- Brake pads are low
- Top has some small tears that are sewn up. He said it doesn't leak.
- It has newish all-season tires so I'll want to get some stickier rubber ASAP
- The aforementioned occasional hooning by the husband

Due to these issues, what do you think is a good price range for this S2000? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a few 04s going for about 13k, and look exceptionally clean.
13.9 seems high.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:32 AM

Hi Guys!!!

I've been lurking for a while but I'm finally financial able to make the plunge into an s2000

Originally I was interested in 04-05 AP2's but found this beautiful looking yellow 06 at a used car dealer near me. My biggest concern is finding a clean unmolested car. From the pictures the interior looks minty and paint looks good. Only cons I see from online add are the 16k price tag with 104k miles. I was thinking this is more of a 14k car with that many miles. Location is in south Miami. Im going to see it today after work so please let me know what you guys think!

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5048572315.html

Quick Reply: Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3