S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ok guys, need advice on my center console dillema.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok guys, need advice on my center console dillema.

Bought an 03 s2k last week.. One sticking point between me and the dealer (nissan dealer by the way) was that the guy before me installed an XM radio thing in the coin holder position.. It looks like he cut away some of the console (out towards the emergency brake) to do it. Well that thing is blocking the cup holder from opening. As part of the deal, in writing, they said they would have the XM brain reinstalled (the dude took it out so right now the reciver piece is nonfunctional) and have the cup holder fixed. Well now that I have looked at the situation I do not see how they could possibly fix the cupholder?? They said they have some lady that can do this kinda work. So they said they would call me early this week to schedule an appointment with her. No word.. Then they have some mad mike guy that runs his own custom electronics shop that is gonna do the XM brain installation. So I get in contact with Mad Mike and tell him to also pull the security system out of my old car (Viper 720.. nice) and ill pay him to put it into the new car.. So we agree on price and he pulls out the brain. He says he will call Friday to setup an apppointment.. never calls.. I call him.. he says we will schedule something monday.. no call.. I call him.. leave a message.. no return call.. call back today.. he almost has an annoyed tone to his voice and says he will call me monday.. Now I dont even feel like I want to do business with him much, and what Im half considering doing is finding a custom shop that will remove the one wire that is left connecting the XM reciever thing to.. ?? i dont know where its running to, pulling out the XM reciever and replacing the center console.. Of course, then im not getting any part of my deal and Mad Mike is keeping my security system.. But I dont really want XM, honestly and this situation is pissing me off.. any advice?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you please post a picture??

a center console is really not that much money and it's pretty easy to change -
Old 04-28-2005, 07:03 AM

Yep, this afternoon I will grab A picture with my camera phone and post it here..
Old 04-28-2005, 07:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That will be nice
Old 04-28-2005, 07:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced my 01 console with an 04. The console just pops of of the tranny tunnel, start pulling at the rear first. You'll need to remove the gear shift knob and it seems to come off easier if the E-brake is down. Once you get it at about a 45 degree angle from the rear, then you need to reach under and unclip the hazard light connection and the convertible top switch. To do the disconnect there are some clips to squeeze.

If they can't fix your center console, then you can buy my 01 console for $200, the console is in like new condition.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

'01 console... $200 bucks ??? GGarriso, you can pick one up from ebay for less than half that.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:02 AM

its clear that you have no patience.....this is the secodn topic you have posted about the same subject within 5 posts in S2000 Talk.

if the guy said he would call you monday about it - you dont need to call him constantly - wait till monday - if he doesnt call then call him back

just my 2c
Old 04-28-2005, 08:14 AM

Is it MAd Mike from west coast ... Pimp My ride ???
Old 04-28-2005, 08:15 AM

Here is a decent picture of the situation..

To the guy that said I posted twice.. the first post was a research gathering post about how hard it is to replace the center console. This post was more an advice post now that I know its not too hard..
Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 AM

funny...I have the same xm tuner but my install doesnt interfere with the center console....and it looks much more oem....

Quick Reply: Ok guys, need advice on my center console dillema.