S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Any DIY's for Spoon Rigid Collars?

Old 11-23-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
Sorry for incorrect information.

You screwed up another members valve adjustment and providing bogus information here. You sir have lost all credibility. Have a wonderful day.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I generally don't get involved in pissing matches online because it's a useless waste of time but I feel the need to stick up for slow here. Not about the advice (Slow please double check your info! I know we all make mistakes but that can be dangerous!), but about this Stunn-3-r guy who seems to have some sort of vendetta against slow. He's actively bashing slow in multiple threads for mistakes (like I said we're all human, shit happens)...but I see no reason for this rubbish. Stunn-3-r please take your brand of negativity elsewhere. I've seen slow help several people on other threads. My advice if you don't like him, don't talk to him. We don't need your shit here.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:50 AM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

To get this back on track:

I did mine on my buddy's lift without the use of a Trans Jack. We dropped the middle bolts first, and then went at it one corner at a time. Seemed to go fairly smooth and never felt as if there was any danger to the subframe dropping.

The thing you have to be careful of is that once the collars are in it really tightened everything up. It makes getting that last collar on each side in. For example, drop the middle and rear bolts, insert those collars and then you'll have a hard time getting the front collar in. Just slowly loosen the bolts you need to and it'll eventually get to a point where you can slide the collar in.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are people fitting these out of interest?
Old 12-14-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
Why are people fitting these out of interest?
Removes play from the sub frame and the butt dyno says it stiffened the chassis quite a bit as well.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKFEON1zmg
Old 02-23-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the youtube video, but it never explained anything about disconnecting any part of the steering column while dropping the front subframe. Also, the brown stuff (anti-seize?) was used on the bolts instead of the faces of the collars. I'm hoping someone can clarify a few things:

1) Is it absolutely necessary to disconnect any part of the steering column, like mentioned above in this thread, to install the front collars?

2) Where does the brown paste go? On the thread bolts? On the collars themselves? Both?
Old 03-13-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by uhohitzluke
I saw the youtube video, but it never explained anything about disconnecting any part of the steering column while dropping the front subframe. Also, the brown stuff (anti-seize?) was used on the bolts instead of the faces of the collars. I'm hoping someone can clarify a few things:

1) Is it absolutely necessary to disconnect any part of the steering column, like mentioned above in this thread, to install the front collars?

2) Where does the brown paste go? On the thread bolts? On the collars themselves? Both?
Anyone have answers to this?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by d1000rr
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke' timestamp='1424739489' post='23516504

Anyone have answers to this?
Can't help you with #2, but for question #1 is there any reason not to? This will prevent you from damaging a critical component of your vehicle, and only takes about a minute and one (or two, can't remember) bolts. Just follow Bill's advice on which joint to unhook.

Does Spoon not include instructions with the kit that clearly explains where the paste is applied?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
Sorry for incorrect information.
Probably should correct that incorrect information, in case anyone reads it and tries to follow it in the future...

Quick Reply: Any DIY's for Spoon Rigid Collars?