S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.
View Poll Results: Best TCT
Inline Pro
14.81%
Billman's GenX
85.19%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Billman GenX vs. Inline Pro TCT

Old 02-06-2017, 08:23 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

The answer is in Post #4, not in a poll.

-- Chuck
Old 02-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

We have a Inlinepro Tensioner on ours. No complaints.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Tougefactory
No whining chain noise, due to excessive tension?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
No whining chain noise, due to excessive tension?

Thanks!
no chain noise so far.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:46 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I have the Ballade TCT and I don't seem to hear anything either. Hmmm. Their internals are pretty hardcore too it seems, but not sure if tension is as high as Inline Pro's.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Slow increments of adding tension is the only safe way to fix the problem .. and since bills is the only one doing that he wins ... they will be just tight enough to stop the clicking .. all others are masking the tct clicking noise by excessive tension ..till they blow up .
. where is ballade and inline pro to defend ? No where huh ..I can't wait till they start blowing up .. after one they should start dropping like flies lol.. poor cars ..and ballade just copies inlinepro. They don't even know what they're doin .. blind leading the blind
Old 02-06-2017, 07:49 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Take a deep breath, exhale. 170k motor, 70k boosted. daily hard driven and 10k+ on ballade. When it pops, we can then find out what happened, until then it's all a theory.

Making stuff up and scaring people without cold hard facts about something that hasn't happened yet doesn't help.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't died from smoking yet but I'm sure it's comin lol.. You only have 10 k on ur ballade .. that's nothing ..I have more track miles than that.

Last edited by Billman250; 02-07-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 AM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

No sense in arguing or speculating, keep it professional please.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyGatto
From my understanding the Inlinepro tct is more of a "drag" race setup. I.e. Lots of unneeded tension and pressure. Too much tension is not a good thing, it will wipe out the guides, the bearings and the chain. The Billman applies oem tension on the chain and compensates for wear and stretch.

For or what it's worth, my car has 5,000 track miles, over 100k on it and I just took it on a road trip of 10+ states. If your going to drive your car, get a Billman, if it's going to be a trailer queen that only sees the strip, try the inlinepro, if it wipes out their motor, they'll have to eat that right?
Originally Posted by cdelena
Like most of us here I don't have the knowledge or experience to evaluate most hardware so I go with recommendations from experienced vendors and users. Billman has been right on for many years and the people that use his stuff have been very happy... so I bought a TCT from him and have been very happy with the performance. It really does not make any difference to me what the internal components look like.
Originally Posted by chefs2000
.. I know how bills tct functions .. in turn I know why other tcts malfunction ..
ill come at this another way .. if you are not smart enough to take it apart and understand why bills is right , than you can not try to conclude which is better by looking at the internals ... cause you don't know what their purpose is ..
any one who does their homework will end up with bill tct..
all others .. go with god lol or a step under him .. Billman !
Ohh and my car has 260 k miles boosted for 50 k.. I attribute a lot of that to Billman
Originally Posted by Tougefactory
Slow increments of adding tension is the only safe way to fix the problem .. and since bills is the only one doing that he wins ... they will be just tight enough to stop the clicking .. all others are masking the tct clicking noise by excessive tension ..till they blow up .
. where is ballade and inline pro to defend ? No where huh ..I can't wait till they start blowing up .. after one they should start dropping like flies lol.. poor cars ..and ballade just copies inlinepro. They don't even know what they're doin .. blind leading the blind
I haven't died from smoking yet but I'm sure it's comin lol.. You only have 10 k on ur ballade .. that's nothing ..I have more track miles than that.
Thanks for the Support Devin, Id like to hear the reason why you opted to run an InlinePRO TCT on your TRACK CAR over a Billman if you wouldn't mind sharing.

This is nuts, as a InlinePRO dealer and user I haven't had any issues with my TCT's. I've sold quite a few InlinePRO tensioners locally to my friends and customers as well as across the US and as far as New Zealand. I've also used on my personal engines. Sure, I get it chefs2000, you're a nut rider, not that its a bad thing, your opinions are a bit far reached. I'm right here to defend InlinePRO. As most forums are dieing, I'm sure you would catch a different answer on Facebook.

I think its very funny you say your engine has lasted so many miles due to a TCT. You're saying that quality oil, proper service intervals are not why the engine has lasted 200k+ miles.

My vote is InlinePRO, why you ask? because I am a street car, logged over 30k miles on the daily and a guy who tracks the shit out of his car along with my other friends who are running InlinePRO Timing Chain tensioner who track and street their cars. Oh, and Carey Bales S2000, then tube chassis F20 powered accord, the 6 second 1/4 mile InlinePRO race engine that's in the Red S2000 from Puerto Rico. It works for them, and it works for me and my S2000 family. Why swerve?

Last edited by Billman250; 02-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Billman GenX vs. Inline Pro TCT