S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.
View Poll Results: Best TCT
Inline Pro
14.81%
Billman's GenX
85.19%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Billman GenX vs. Inline Pro TCT

Old 02-07-2017, 07:02 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Let's leave this convo till we 500k. I've got 50 bucks on my Billman making it. Oh and I happen to be on of the faster guys on the track up here. Not the straight one, but the ones with turns. Lmk when you guys find a drag strip you can stay wot for hour+. Till then keep using your cars in 10 second intervals, it's gunna take forever to put some mileage on that thing.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Explain nut rider ..
chefs2000 has absolutely no affiliation with the Billman250 corporation.

i think u misread ..
i attribute the car lasting as long as it is to knowing Billman not just his tct and his experience as a machinist give me confidence in his product ..

bottom line for me .. I go to Evans to get tuned cause he's the man for tuning .. I go to Billman for anything else cause he's the man for the s..
this in turn helps me sleep at night ..

you sell the inline pro and can't even state how it works or why it's better ..
You have it in ur car cause some quarter mile car runs it .. unless ur runnin only quarters that don't make any sense.
anyone have a REAL reason to not use a billman tct?

Ballade! Care to chime in ? Explain how your tct fails? some one that BUILDS the tct at inline pro ?
i want some one with mechanical knowledge to answer this please not some one that buys because of price or what others are doin
Old 02-07-2017, 07:25 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

These are all speculations until someone has proof. Manufacturers such as Billman/Ballade/InlinePro, as part of their product life cycle, must have studied this topic and have paper trail of such study that their products are doing less harm than the OEM unit.

I'm fully on board with seeing some proof so then I can make an educated decision on whether or not we need to go to one specific TCT.

Until we see paperwork and test results, it's all humty dumpty nursery school discussions. I'll make this my last post on here as I have a hunch no one will provide test results or have paper trail and records of testing these TCTs with data to back it up. So far, it's been nothing but opinions and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.

Last edited by EOE; 02-07-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Sure I'll explain why I went with an Inlinepro unit. At the time i was searching for a TCT the only option I saw was an Inlinepro unit. I didn't visit S2KI often and I didn't want to go searching for a user's profile to send them a message.

I'm here to say as long as the TCT works its really hard to speculate why one is better then the others. Some of you guys are kinda reaching, you can't really blame your TCT on why your engine lasted XXX amount of miles. You can attribute your TCT to lasting longer then another TCT or not having a chain snap. That is just my opinion though.

Billman thanks for supporting the S2000 Community. Thanks Ballade and inlinepro for doing the same even if they dont have a heavy presence on S2KI. Some of you guys forget this this car has been out of production for almost ten years now. We are fortunate that some companies are still sticking around.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by chefs2000
I haven't died from smoking yet but I'm sure it's comin lol.. You only have 10 k on ur ballade .. that's nothing ..I have more track miles than that.
I probably have about 8k track miles on my Ballade. Only thing to report is it's not blown up yet.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 02-07-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyGatto
Let's leave this convo till we 500k. I've got 50 bucks on my Billman making it. Oh and I happen to be on of the faster guys on the track up here. Not the straight one, but the ones with turns. Lmk when you guys find a drag strip you can stay wot for hour+. Till then keep using your cars in 10 second intervals, it's gunna take forever to put some mileage on that thing.
omg, I track my car also. "Mr. faster guy"
Old 02-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by EOE
These are all speculations until someone has proof. Manufacturers such as Billman/Ballade/InlinePro, as part of their product life cycle, must have studied this topic and have paper trail of such study that their products are doing less harm than the OEM unit.

I'm fully on board with seeing some proof so then I can make an educated decision on whether or not we need to go to one specific TCT.

Until we see paperwork and test results, it's all humty dumpty nursery school discussions. I'll make this my last post on here as I have a hunch no one will provide test results or have paper trail and records of testing these TCTs with data to back it up. So far, it's been nothing but opinions and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.
what type of data would you like to see? lol.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I probably have about 8k track miles on my Ballade. Only thing to report is it's not blown up yet.
LOL

But if its not OEM or Billman its going to BLOW UP!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Tougefactory
Sure I'll explain why I went with an Inlinepro unit. At the time i was searching for a TCT the only option I saw was an Inlinepro unit. I didn't visit S2KI often and I didn't want to go searching for a user's profile to send them a message.

I'm here to say as long as the TCT works its really hard to speculate why one is better then the others. Some of you guys are kinda reaching, you can't really blame your TCT on why your engine lasted XXX amount of miles. You can attribute your TCT to lasting longer then another TCT or not having a chain snap. That is just my opinion though.

Billman thanks for supporting the S2000 Community. Thanks Ballade and inlinepro for doing the same even if they dont have a heavy presence on S2KI. Some of you guys forget this this car has been out of production for almost ten years now. We are fortunate that some companies are still sticking around.
Well said.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by chefs2000
Explain nut rider ..
chefs2000 has absolutely no affiliation with the Billman250 corporation.

i think u misread ..
i attribute the car lasting as long as it is to knowing Billman not just his tct and his experience as a machinist give me confidence in his product ..

bottom line for me .. I go to Evans to get tuned cause he's the man for tuning .. I go to Billman for anything else cause he's the man for the s..
this in turn helps me sleep at night ..

you sell the inline pro and can't even state how it works or why it's better ..
You have it in ur car cause some quarter mile car runs it .. unless ur runnin only quarters that don't make any sense.
anyone have a REAL reason to not use a billman tct?

Ballade! Care to chime in ? Explain how your tct fails? some one that BUILDS the tct at inline pro ?
i want some one with mechanical knowledge to answer this please not some one that buys because of price or what others are doin
You have reading comprehension issues as well I see.

Quick Reply: Billman GenX vs. Inline Pro TCT