S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Common S2000 Problems/Solutions (1999-2009)

Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bburnrover
I am in the UK hhave a 2003 AP1 with 58k recorded miles.I have run VTI and ATR cars in the past so am used to Honda ownership.I currently have a terrible vibration which raises its ugly head on our motorways at any speed you care to mention over 60 mph.I thought I was going to shake to bits and was nearly panicked into an hard shoulder stop to ring the breakdown services but the vibration went as quick as it came leaving me nervous it would return.I have now had this manifestation on 3 occasions and wonder if it can be the hard top as that sounds like a box of empty bottles on rough roads.I have had the following reasons given to me Tyres inbalanced,Differential problems,cv joint problems,drive shaft is loose,hard top not fitting comfortably,axle pbent,alloys bent etc etc.
Just wondering if any of you guys have experience of this problem and how you eventually rectified it?
If it's only happening at or above 60 mph the shaking it could just be your alignment
Old 08-10-2014, 03:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you very informative write up
Old 08-23-2014, 06:57 AM

I have a 2004 sk2 when it goes on
V-THE it sounds like a
Machine gun. Any thoughts
Old 07-23-2015, 12:17 PM

I am in the UK hhave a 2003 AP1 with 58k recorded miles.I have run VTI and ATR cars in the past so am used to Honda ownership.I currently have a terrible vibration which raises its ugly head on our motorways at any speed you care to mention over 60 mph.I thought I was going to shake to bits and was nearly panicked into an hard shoulder stop to ring the breakdown services but the vibration went as quick as it came leaving me nervous it would return.I have now had this manifestation on 3 occasions and wonder if it can be the hard top as that sounds like a box of empty bottles on rough roads.I have had the following reasons given to me Tyres inbalanced,Differential problems,cv joint problems,drive shaft is loose,hard top not fitting comfortably,axle pbent,alloys bent etc etc. Just wondering if any of you guys have experience of this problem and how you eventually rectified it?
If you have aftermarket alleys do they require/have spigot rings. When missing they can cause an imbalanced wheel vibration feel which will disappear but feels worrying. Especially when travelling on a motorway.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:19 AM

Hey guyss I need some help cause I'm going crazy . I have an s2k ap1 I I had installed a stereo with screen and after I have noticed some misfire and then I have installed a gps and the misfire get worst and I went to the Mechaninc and we cleaned the throttle valve and the throttle bottle but it was for nothing then we change the spartin plugs and coil and the missfire stops for 1 day and came back then we cleaned the injectors but still for nothing .. what do u suggest from the current cause when I installed the stereo it begins the misfire ??????
Old 07-01-2016, 01:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I am in the UK hhave a 2003 AP1 with 58k recorded miles.I have run VTI and ATR cars in the past so am used to Honda ownership.I currently have a terrible vibration which raises its ugly head on our motorways at any speed you care to mention over 60 mph.I thought I was going to shake to bits and was nearly panicked into an hard shoulder stop to ring the breakdown services but the vibration went as quick as it came leaving me nervous it would return.I have now had this manifestation on 3 occasions and wonder if it can be the hard top as that sounds like a box of empty bottles on rough roads.I have had the following reasons given to me Tyres inbalanced,Differential problems,cv joint problems,drive shaft is loose,hard top not fitting comfortably,axle pbent,alloys bent etc etc.
Just wondering if any of you guys have experience of this problem and how you eventually rectified it?
I know it is obviously a bit late for this guy, but might help someone else. For me it was a sticking front caliper that caused this. When it happens, pull over and go round the car and feel if you get excessive radiated heat from any of the wheels (if it is a sticking caliper it will make the wheel almost too hot to touch).