S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Don't think turbo will happen

Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windhund116
Try doing a leak-down test on #3. See if it's burnt valves or maybe tired rings.

Good luck!
I'm certain my rings are tired (odd for one cylinder to be) since dropping oil in on a compression test yielded a 50psi increase for that cylinder.
Might be popping it open or running inspection camera when i get back next month.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is a K series swap something you'd be into? If you are going FI eventually I would look into a InlinePro allenbuilt long block. I was surprised by the price for what you get
Old 02-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have many different options available and would be happy to help you achieve your goal.

Feel free to give us a call 703-455-5805 or PM We can help get you squared away.
If you call make sure to mention you're and S2ki member as we give out discounts to s2ki.if email is better for you I have emails listed below.

Chase@inlinePro.com
Christian@inlinePro.com
Info@inlinePro.com
Old 02-08-2017, 01:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would do another compression check with different "high end" compression test set. Used several different tools (a bunch) and no two are the same . Also a proper leak down would be nessesary. Then bore scope. Snapon's new scope is miles ahead of older ones. Too expensive for single use but someone local will have one. I would not get in a hurry to open up a motor. Does motor still run, idle and produce power?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tehk
Is a K series swap something you'd be into? If you are going FI eventually I would look into a InlinePro allenbuilt long block. I was surprised by the price for what you get
That was something i thought about a few times; I wouldn't ditch the original engine, though.

Originally Posted by InlinePRO
We have many different options available and would be happy to help you achieve your goal.

Feel free to give us a call 703-455-5805 or PM We can help get you squared away.
If you call make sure to mention you're and S2ki member as we give out discounts to s2ki.if email is better for you I have emails listed below.

Chase@inlinePro.com
Christian@inlinePro.com
Info@inlinePro.com
I've been seriously considering it. Though, the idea of cracking the engine open to put non-oem parts in it kind of scares me in the investment over longevity. Reading posts where Billman250 chimes in, doesn't leave me secure with a rebuild.

It has resulted in me considering a hone, mahle pistons, rings, rod bearings, and keeping the crank and piston rods alone.
I've, yet, to really make up my mind.

On the plus side: my brother is within a 10-20 minute drive from you guys (Manassas Park, Va).
I'd be more interested in cost if i brought it by, rather than pulling the engine and shipping it.

Originally Posted by Halfassjack
I would do another compression check with different "high end" compression test set. Used several different tools (a bunch) and no two are the same . Also a proper leak down would be nessesary. Then bore scope. Snapon's new scope is miles ahead of older ones. Too expensive for single use but someone local will have one. I would not get in a hurry to open up a motor. Does motor still run, idle and produce power?
It is worth a shot with another compression test set. I'm at the point where i just want to know if that cylinder wall is scored beyond repair (if so, then sht..).

Oh hell yeah. It runs fine and still pulls. Just blows a good deal of smoke on vtec cross over (been like that for years).
I do not know where it sits on HP, only because it has never been on a dyno.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by imnida
That was something i thought about a few times; I wouldn't ditch the original engine, though.

I've been seriously considering it. Though, the idea of cracking the engine open to put non-oem parts in it kind of scares me in the investment over longevity. Reading posts where Billman250 chimes in, doesn't leave me secure with a rebuild.

It has resulted in me considering a hone, mahle pistons, rings, rod bearings, and keeping the crank and piston rods alone.
I've, yet, to really make up my mind.

On the plus side: my brother is within a 10-20 minute drive from you guys (Manassas Park, Va).
I'd be more interested in cost if i brought it by, rather than pulling the engine and shipping it.

It is worth a shot with another compression test set. I'm at the point where i just want to know if that cylinder wall is scored beyond repair (if so, then sht..).

Oh hell yeah. It runs fine and still pulls. Just blows a good deal of smoke on vtec cross over (been like that for years).
I do not know where it sits on HP, only because it has never been on a dyno.
Give us a call and we would be happy to help you out. 703-455-5805
Old 02-15-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might sound dumb for asking this, but what is considered "Good" or "ideal" compression in each cylinder on the F20Cs? I plan on testing mine this weekend.