S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

P0411 After Installing Izze APS

Old 02-14-2018, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0411 After Installing Izze APS

Hello all,

I've been stumped with this annoying P0411 CEL for the past 10-11 months. I am way overdue for a Smog and need to get this handled ASAP.

I am missing, a few of those components above, mainly the vacuum reservoir and the lines from it that go to the solenoid. Initially it made sense why I would be throwing a P0411. I went ahead and ordered a Izze APS. I installed it, by soldering not crimping, about 6-7 months ago. Unfortunately the code did not go away.

Luckily Caleb, the guy behind Izze, has been a great help supporting me whenever I had any questions, shout out to excellent customer service. We came to the conclusion that perhaps a short somewhere fried my ECU somehow. I went ahead and purchased a used, but CEL clean,ECU, installed it and the same CEL, P0411. Now I have my original ECU on, and the Izze is wired as its supposed to be.

Something to note is that when I measure the voltage of the red OEM wire, which attaches to the simulator's orange wire with the Keys in the II or ON position, I should be reading my battery voltage. But I get a voltage of 0.

Something to note, when I clear the codes the CEL doesn't come back on right away. Only after the learning process of 60-70 miles does it come back on.
Tomorrow I will recheck all the solders for maybe the 9th or 10th time. I would really appreciate any help, I am in need of a smog in about 5 days....
Old 02-16-2018, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by bgioan
Hello all,

I've been stumped with this annoying P0411 CEL for the past 10-11 months. I am way overdue for a Smog and need to get this handled ASAP.

I am missing, a few of those components above, mainly the vacuum reservoir and the lines from it that go to the solenoid. Initially it made sense why I would be throwing a P0411. I went ahead and ordered a Izze APS. I installed it, by soldering not crimping, about 6-7 months ago. Unfortunately the code did not go away.

Luckily Caleb, the guy behind Izze, has been a great help supporting me whenever I had any questions, shout out to excellent customer service. We came to the conclusion that perhaps a short somewhere fried my ECU somehow. I went ahead and purchased a used, but CEL clean,ECU, installed it and the same CEL, P0411. Now I have my original ECU on, and the Izze is wired as its supposed to be.

Something to note is that when I measure the voltage of the red OEM wire, which attaches to the simulator's orange wire with the Keys in the II or ON position, I should be reading my battery voltage. But I get a voltage of 0.

Something to note, when I clear the codes the CEL doesn't come back on right away. Only after the learning process of 60-70 miles does it come back on.
Tomorrow I will recheck all the solders for maybe the 9th or 10th time. I would really appreciate any help, I am in need of a smog in about 5 days....
Are you getting power on the white OEM wire (the one that goes to the central locking fuse)? Or do you have the constant 12V wired in somewhere else?
Old 02-16-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fivepointnine
Are you getting power on the white OEM wire (the one that goes to the central locking fuse)? Or do you have the constant 12V wired in somewhere else?
I am assuming you mean the one from the C401 connector? If that one then yes, I am getting power there. However I was told I should be getting power from the Red OEM wire (the one that connects to the simulator's orange) that wire is getting 0V. There is no continuity between the Red OEM wire either. I am so dumbfounded!

My solenoid is even connected properly, I am just missing the little black vacuum box itself. However the remaining hoses are bypasses as if the box doesn't exist.

Yesterday I unsoldered everything and did it again. This caused the CEL to go away until the readiness tests were complete. Interesting enough my OBD2 reader is saying the EVAP system is not ready, my secondary air system says ready. To mention before I did this the CEL would come on about 10-20 seconds after it was cleared. Not sure what it did but looks like something changed. I am sooooo close to fixing this but so far away, I don't understand why my Izze kit is not working. I triple check all the wires, every time I try to fix the P0411 issue I look at the wiring and check it.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 PM

One issue I just noticed/realized. I did NOT cut the black/white OEM wire. I did so and after the code disappeared and passed smog today. I am certain this was the issue for me. Izze APS working wonderfully now.