S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

REMOTE Central LOCKING/Keyfob Issue?

Old 05-04-2012, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REMOTE Central LOCKING/Keyfob Issue?

UPDATE:

Ok so I may have PARTIALLY fixed it.

I called Honda and they said that the rear siren is a backup or some such and because it went off so much to drain the battery it will need charging, so I connected the battery (queue alarm) and turned the car ON and left it going crazy for 10-15min and it went off and now doesn't go off randomly.

HOWEVER. Next problem - and I may make a new thread as the title is now not relevant. The car seems to think it is locked, the red light on the dash is blinking every 2-3 seconds and when I open the passenger side door the alarm goes off. There is no response to my keyfob to turn the alarm/immoboliser off so I'm thinking there needs to be some kind of reprogramming for the remote key? Or elsea problem with the central locking.

---------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone,

I've just come back from 6 months away, and picked my s2k up from a friend and he told me he has had to disconnect the alarm system because seemingly randomly during its stay on his drive the alarm was going crazy? He unplugged it at the back (inside the boot).

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the battery getting very low / dieing? In addition to this, the central locking doesnt work? I have replaced the battery in the keyfob and when I press it the little red light flashes (meaning it works?). When I plug the alarm cable back in the alarm goes crazy (it is very very loud when your right next to it) and won't stop till I manually lock the door or spam lock on the keyfob.

Could the alarm and central locking malfunction be linked? Should I dissconnect the battery before trying to reconnect the alarm system?

Cheers,
Seb
Old 05-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Does the alarm go off immediately after you try to unlock it via remote? Also does it happen every time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 AM

I unplugged the alarm at the boot again because its goes off instantly, so I can't test if it goes off via remote. There is always a little red light flashing on the dash if that helps?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The alarm and the keyless entry are linked.
Try disconnecting the battery and connecting the alarm then reconnect the battery. If the alarm goes off, try putting the key in the ignition and turning it on and pushing the reset button (small black button on the panel under the steering wheel. Feel around for it with your hand--- should be on the left side of the wheel on the instrument panel piece the wraps down under the wheel. Usually on the left side but may be on the right.)
A low battery has been known to cause problems with the alarm so check that out too
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 AM

I can't find this button you are talking about? My S is 2004 right hand drive.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Not sure if UK security systems are the same as the US one---I would think they would be though....
Here's the installation instructions for the US '04/05 models----the switch I was referring to is the "disarm switch". Page 5 shows where it should be mounted. maybe whoever installed it mounted it somewhere else or left it loose up under the dash.
Hope this helps!!!!

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S20...0security5.pdf
Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM

Thanks for the help,

I have bought a NEW battery, i connect all the alarm up and when i connect the battery alarm alarm alarm wont turn off no matter what I do. Left it disconnect at the mo so battery doesnt drain.

I CANNOT Find any such disarm button on it.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 PM

I have had a similar problem with trying to reverse an aftermarket alarm back into stock. The problem turned out to be the alarm module underneath of the steering wheel going bad. The door keeps locking and unlocking and blowing fuses. Had that replace, and everything went back to normal.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 AM

Ok so I may have PARTIALLY fixed it.

I called Honda and they said that the rear siren is a backup or some such and because it went off so much to drain the battery it will need charging, so I connected the battery (queue alarm) and turned the car ON and left it going crazy for 10-15min and it went off and now doesn't go off randomly.

HOWEVER. Next problem - and I may make a new thread as the title is now not relevant. The car seems to think it is locked, the red light on the dash is blinking every 2-3 seconds and when I open the passenger side door the alarm goes off. There is no response to my keyfob to turn the alarm/immoboliser off so I'm thinking there needs to be some kind of reprogramming for the remote key? Or elsea problem with the central locking.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 AM

Wondering if you should try disconnecting all the alarm wiring-- especially the 2 plugs that connect the alarm to the keyless entry co trip. Ox and the plug that connects the alarm to the door and trunk light circuit. On both of these, you'd unplug the alarm wiring from both these boxes and the car's harness and then plug the car harness directly into the boxes.
The link to the installation instructions in the earlier post will show show you where they're located.

One thing to check is whether you have an OEM alarm-- should be a flat control box under one of the seats.