S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

'00 AP1 Factory Alarm Light Out, Keyless not working

Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 AP1 Factory Alarm Light Out, Keyless not working

Soo. I have a MY 00 AP1 that I've had for a year or so now. Very recently, I noticed my alarm LED is out, and my keyless wasnt working (I apparently left my car unlocked for the better half of the week before I realized it wasnt actually locking...)

I have tried the fob reprogram, gotten my spare fob, and replaced the fob batteries, the keyless doesnt engage, and my alarm led no longer blinks (although, if the fob isnt working, it might just not be armed at all.. Hrm).

I have the factory optional one that is mounted under the seat. I looked at it and it seems like everything is connected. Thoughts? Relegated to using the key for now

Car has been otherwise 100% great and without a problem. Is there any way to tell if the alarm is/isnt working vice the fobs?

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So have you pressed lock and opened the door so you set off your alarm? By doing this you prove whether the fob is sending any signals to the car what so ever, if alarm goes off the fob is working, if it doesn't the fob isn't working or the receiver isn't receiving. My door lock actuators are dying so they don't work half the time so I have to lock them by hand but my alarm always turns on. You have to start from the top and narrow it down.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by SLracer
So have you pressed lock and opened the door so you set off your alarm? By doing this you prove whether the fob is sending any signals to the car what so ever, if alarm goes off the fob is working, if it doesn't the fob isn't working or the receiver isn't receiving. My door lock actuators are dying so they don't work half the time so I have to lock them by hand but my alarm always turns on. You have to start from the top and narrow it down.
When I press lock nothing happens, if I lock it via key or by hand inside the car it locks no problem. Seems like the receiver and or fob is not working. Neither fob works and I just replaced the battery in one however.

I checked the connections to the (honda optional) alarm under the seat, and from what I could tell, it looks OK.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:54 AM

Default Immobiliser problem

Originally Posted by Yablargo
When I press lock nothing happens, if I lock it via key or by hand inside the car it locks no problem. Seems like the receiver and or fob is not working. Neither fob works and I just replaced the battery in one however.

I checked the connections to the (honda optional) alarm under the seat, and from what I could tell, it looks OK.
Hi mate, I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you ever solved this problem, mine is doing the same, key fob no longer interacts with the car, doesn’t lock/unlock doors, thus doesn’t un immobilise the car, would be good to hear if you solved this!

kind regards,
Dan
Old 03-31-2020, 10:19 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Don't hold your breath waiting for a response:

Last Activity: 05-11-2011 07:11 PM

-- Chuck
Old 04-01-2020, 12:34 PM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcfender
Hi mate, I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you ever solved this problem, mine is doing the same, key fob no longer interacts with the car, doesn’t lock/unlock doors, thus doesn’t un immobilise the car, would be good to hear if you solved this!

kind regards,
Dan
The alarm control unit has probably died. Pretty common unfortunately. You can just remove it, leaving the other actuators in place under the seat, and the fob lock/unlock should work properly again.