S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Aging with your S2000

Old 03-25-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've successfully done all day drives in the past, so hopefully I can get back to that.

I pulled a bonehead stunt today.
While trying to insert a header board on the outside of my deck, I got tossed off the ladder I was standing on.

I had some helpers in place to hold the board and one of them let loose and the board came at me knocking me backwards off the ladder.

To add insult to injury the ladder was set up on my patio and I went over the 2 foot edge.

I've got a goodly amount of bumps and bruises and a deep muscle bruise on my right side. The discomfort is fading, but I'm gonna be really sore tomorrow.

Hopefully I didn't set my Sciatica recovery back. That would really suck....

If it doesn't keep dissipating, I'll prolly head to the ER tomorrow.

Dumb and dumber.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Yikes...hope you recover soon.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:24 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Hope you recover quickly. It sucks when medical problems interfere with our ability to do the things we love to do. By far the most significant thing that I have ever done along these lines is to lose weight. I have found that, for me, staying at or near my "ideal" weight has a HUGE positive impact on virtually every aspect on my life, including both physical and emotional. It is a struggle for sure. But, when I am successful, the impact is massive. Obviously, weight control will not cure all health problems. But, my experience is that it completely eliminates an awful lot of issues, big and small.

P.S. two years ago I dropped appox. 100Lbs over a years time. I went from 275 to 175. It made a night and day difference in my life. But, as often happens, I have returned to my old ways and I am creeping back up. I have been struggling to get back to my successful ways for the last few months. My S2k has a positive impact on my mindfulness when it comes to my weight. As anyone with an s2k and weight issues knows, that seat reminds you every time you sit in it that its time to drop some weight! My car will come out of storage in few weeks and I know already that seat is going to feel really really tight!

Last edited by rpg51; 03-26-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by rpg51
Hope you recover quickly. It sucks when medical problems interfere with our ability to do the things we love to do. By far the most significant thing that I have ever done along these lines is to lose weight. I have found that, for me, staying at or near my "ideal" weight has a HUGE positive impact on virtually every aspect on my life, including both physical and emotional. It is a struggle for sure. But, when I am successful, the impact is massive. Obviously, weight control will not cure all health problems. But, my experience is that it completely eliminates an awful lot of issues, big and small.

P.S. two years ago I dropped appox. 100Lbs over a years time. I went from 275 to 175. It made a night and day difference in my life. But, as often happens, I have returned to my old ways and I am creeping back up. I have been struggling to get back to my successful ways for the last few months. My S2k has a positive impact on my mindfulness when it comes to my weight. As anyone with an s2k and weight issues knows, that seat reminds you every time you sit in it that its time to drop some weight! My car will come out of storage in few weeks and I know already that seat is going to feel really really tight!
That is awesome.

I decided to do the same thing last year. I was sitting at 215 and just not happy with my general health and yea, the sciatica had something to do with that. I was able dropped 30 pounds and best of all, I've managed to keep it off for about a year now. That's the crucial part. I now weigh what I did when I was in college some 35 years ago.

LOML and I are from New Orleans and we like our food. A lot. We have definitely changed our eating styles to support our efforts to be more healthy. Gone are the daily calorie heavy meals. I'm the chef in the house and taken this as motivation to completely change my cooking styles. While before everything was fat and sauce heavy, that has all changed. And the beauty is I've been able to bring the flavor to the food. It's been a challenge.

After a some interesting neuropathy issues last night, I'm feeling fairly well this morning. Far better than I expected. I'm not going to do anything strenuous today and will use this as an excuse to get my taxes done. The big test will come tomorrow to see if I'm sufficiently recovered to go to my yoga class.

Thanks all,
Old 03-27-2017, 03:09 PM

As a result of some pretty impressive pain brought on by certain movements, I decided to go to the Dr. today.

After an exam she said she didn't think anything was broken, but ordered an x-ray just to be sure.

Images came back negative so no broken bones. Yay!

They did show evidence of chronic arthritis, which doesn't really surprise me.

So rest is indicated with NSAIDs for a week or so until the pain subsides.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Glad nothing was broken. I think ladders were invented by mankind, to speed his/her demise.

Take care!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
I think ladders were invented by mankind, to speed his/her demise.
Damn straight, at least for Seniors (or should I say Vintage).
Old 03-29-2017, 04:05 AM

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
Glad nothing was broken. I think ladders were invented by mankind, to speed his/her demise.
howdy, names Darwin, Charles Darwin.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Gravity always pulls you back to the ground.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:24 PM

Received 2,507 Likes on 1,512 Posts

After I fell of a ladder at work (years ago) I returned to work the next day with a body outline taped on the floor and everyone playing "Free Falling" by Tom Petty. That was a very, very lucky day for me. I got nothing but a large bump on my head. The ER doctor told me later that when the EMS crew radioed in how far I fell (18') on to concrete he expected a fatality. All I was worried about was get out to pickup flowers for my late wife as it was our 25th wedding anniversary. Needless to say I was a little late getting home that day.

Quick Reply: Aging with your S2000