S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Discussion on Television Programs

Old 10-06-2015, 03:10 AM

Received 709 Likes on 434 Posts

We often see what's on the DVR when we're having lunch and then we generally don't watch any tv programs until 8. I have absolutely no patience for commercials, so if a program is not dvr'd I don't watch it. It is amazing how much time those commercials consume. I fast forward through all the commercials so a one hour show usually only lasts about 40 minutes. We can watch two primetime shows the day after they air in only 80 minutes. I'm usually asleep by 10 pm, so we don't spend as much time in front of the tv as it would appear from our list of preferred programs. Oh, Dave, Jim REALLY likes Limitless, so you may want to try to catch it. It is really interesting. He mentioned that last night as he was wondering when the next episode comes on. I have no idea but I know it is on my DVR series list.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:20 AM

Received 4,954 Likes on 3,004 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
We often see what's on the DVR when we're having lunch and then we generally don't watch any tv programs until 8. I have absolutely no patience for commercials, so if a program is not dvr'd I don't watch it. It is amazing how much time those commercials consume. I fast forward through all the commercials so a one hour show usually only lasts about 40 minutes. We can watch two primetime shows the day after they air in only 80 minutes. I'm usually asleep by 10 pm, so we don't spend as much time in front of the tv as it would appear from our list of preferred programs. Oh, Dave, Jim REALLY likes Limitless, so you may want to try to catch it. It is really interesting. He mentioned that last night as he was wondering when the next episode comes on. I have no idea but I know it is on my DVR series list.
I made a note to check out Limitless. I do the same thing - tape it and fast forward through the ads. I tape everything including the Red Wings games. I don't have the patience to watch anything live either. So I guess I really only watch 7 hrs/wk not 10 if you factor that in.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
I'm a pretty avid HGTV watcher. Several programs on there I like. And those real estate shows on Bravo. But I like some game shows, too (Let's Make a Deal for example - Wayne Brady is really funny). I generally have the TV on when I'm doing other stuff. The multitasking that women are so good at. I've also saved almost all the Oscar movies from this last year. Haven't watched them yet, except for Grand Hotel Budapest. I really, really like Xfinity's (Comcast) X1. So glad I upgraded.

Waiting for Downton Abbey to come back on for it's last season. Great show. I loved Mad Men, but alas, it's gone.
I've been thinking about checking with Time Warner about the option of DVR service to all our tvs. I'd like the ability to record more than two things at a time. We used to enjoy HGTV but it seems when we'd like to watch they're doing episodes of that Love it or List it program. Blechhhh, always the same story -- some big disastrous thing comes along to eat up the budget yada yada and I've gotten kind of tired of Property Brothers. I like that couple in Waco that does that Fixer Upper program, but only watch it occasionally. I think they're a cute couple and they really seem to do a fabulous job with the houses they update. I kind of feel the same way about that tv program Scorpion about the geeks who always save the day, but Jim LOVES that show so I record it for him.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1444129806' post='23767425
I made a note to check out Limitless. I do the same thing - tape it and fast forward through the ads. I tape everything including the Red Wings games. I don't have the patience to watch anything live either. So I guess I really only watch 7 hrs/wk not 10 if you factor that in.
See, you're not as much of a couch potato as you thought.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:50 AM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

A new show that I am enjoying is the Jim Gaffigan show on TVLand I find it very funny.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by valentine
This season has brought some interesting new programming to prime time. We're really enjoying the new Limitless series and Blindspot. Still enjoying Homeland (haven't seen the new episode from last night yet). What new or returning programs are on your must-see list?
Looks like you are not alone.

NBC’s “Blindspot” and CBS’ “Limitless” are the new series with the greatest likelihood of continued ratings success, according to predictive data compiled by Peel, maker of the world’s leading smart remote app.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

How about this new show about Jay Leno's garage?

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/...0/06/73471292/
Old 10-07-2015, 02:26 AM

I am very sad to report that Blindspot was listed on dvr as a recorded program so we thought we'd get to see it last night. Apparently my power outage caused only a partial recording. I may resolve myself to simply mute commercials and watch it on demand. Boooo. We watched the comedies Grandfathered and Grinder instead. Aside from a zillion commercials I have to admit they were funny and a pleasant little watch. If you're looking for comedy, I'd suggest to give them a look-see. Silly, but sometimes silly is good.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:43 PM

We met up with another couple in their MG for an early dinner at lake patio bar. These 70* days in MI are the best. Dinner and drinks lasted 3.5 hours with tons of laughs. So, we wrapped things up and we came home where we binged on 3-hours of Limitless (1st 3 shows). So we are now up to speed. Its a pretty good show with a mix of comedy, etc. Thankfully, the next show I will not have to sit through all those damn commercials, like we did watching it On Demand.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I saw "Shark Tank" last night for the first time. I can't decide whether I like it a lot or dislike it a lot.

Quick Reply: Discussion on Television Programs