S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Introverts/Extroverts. Night owls/early to bed.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 2,962 Likes on 1,648 Posts
Default Introverts/Extroverts. Night owls/early to bed.

What are your opinions/thoughts/experiences with these two extremes?

Again, introverts contrasted with extroverts. ... Ambiverts? A combination of each?

Night owls and earlier to bed? Can they coexist?
Old 12-31-2016, 10:30 PM

Received 4,929 Likes on 2,989 Posts

Trouble in paridise? It's 2:30 into a new year and I'll let you know tomorrow... maybe.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:12 PM

Not paradise. Not trouble. Just differences. Lots of similarities but no body is close to my crazyness.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:11 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Well, introvert/extrovert and night owl/earlier to bed are two different things. I would say that the night owl difference is easier to deal with. You can work around that by doing things you want/need in the morning while the night owl is sleeping. Extrovert/introvert can be a problem (and maybe a dealbreaker) since it affects your social life. One wants to go out and the other one doesn't, for instance. You really want to do things together as well as separately. Ultimately, IMO shared values and some common interests are most important for a good relationship.

Both my ex and the +1 are night owls. I'm not. But we are all introverts with some extrovert leanings. The ex lasted 24 years and the +1 is going on 12. I rest my case.

Last edited by MsPerky; 01-01-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:28 AM

Received 696 Likes on 472 Posts

My wife and I are extroverts, her more than me. It takes me a while to warm up to strangers but once I get to know them I can go either way. We fall in between earlier to bed and night owls. I stay up a little longer than her unless she is watching something she like on TV. After almost 50 years of wedded bliss our secret is compromise.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As one matures they become much more selective of their companions, particularly if you’ve had a successful and rewarding single lifestyle. Hormones become less of a factor and compatibility becomes paramount. However, some will disregard all and live with one another for security and companionship reasons. One must choose wisely and select what works and what is important for them.

Gary
Old 01-01-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
As one matures they become much more selective of their companions, particularly if you’ve had a successful and rewarding single lifestyle. Hormones become less of a factor and compatibility becomes paramount. However, some will disregard all and live with one another for security and companionship reasons. One must choose wisely and select what works and what is important for them.

Gary
Being visually attracted is still important. I agree, companionship and good communication are even more crucial, as we grow older.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks

Gary
Words from a Wise man.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:59 AM

I'm finding it interesting to be with an extrovert although I'm more introverted. After dating for over two years, Ricky and I have found how to make it work for us. I never have to worry about Ricky feeling left out in a new group. He takes off and charges his spirit with socialization. I can chat and have learned to enjoy talking to people but I recharge by being alone, in quiet nature, preferably. When we first met I never thought it could work between us. It's worked because we understand each other's needs even though we have different ones and we have fun together.

He's an up early to bed early guy, like my ex. I love to stay up late and sleep in. That has worked in our favor most of the time, as well. I'll get some alone time when he's already up and at the gym. Watching DVDs take a little more thought though as far a timing when to start one.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Wow...two years already. Time flies...I've not met Ricky, but he looks like an extrovert to me.

Quick Reply: Introverts/Extroverts. Night owls/early to bed.