S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

My Pillow

Old 01-04-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

"Under investigation"? By who? Any breathing idiot understands that "as seen on TV" pricing is phony. "Now for a limited time only, we'll send you TWO Amazing Gizmos for no extra cost (except shipping and handling costs)".

What it boils down to is do you thing the product is a decent one (we have no complaints) and are you OK with the true price. If so, buy, if not, don't buy, but lets not pretend that there is anything nefarious going on. The pillows are supportive, they don't mush down much, and they wash up nicely and maintain their form. If you've tried them and don't like them, OK, but if you haven't....
Old 01-04-2017, 05:01 PM

Received 4,914 Likes on 2,980 Posts

It's very encouraging actually to see so many on Facebook came to their defense. I really am tempted to order two.

Ray, I spent enough time on their web site prior to understand that the ones they sell in the stores is not stitched as much as the one you buy direct and likly the stores do not offer the explaintions of the different sizes and options that you find online at their website.

I know some people who heard the tv ad, think they got screwed. Reading their issues it was clear many just didn't listen or care enough to research their purchase.

Here's a different example of the same principle. I bought a new gas range for my son this week. Looking at the negative reviews I read one where the person went "nuts" over the fact the bottom drawer was smaller than normal. What the poster missed was the oven was bigger than normal (dah). Side by side in the store it was easy to see the drawer was shorter due to bigger oven which was a selling feature that was plastered all over it.

Last edited by dlq04; 01-04-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 1,396 Likes on 760 Posts

I just don't trust pricing that isn't straight-forward. Don't give me buy one, get one free. Just state the price up-front. That's my whole gripe against this outfit. Too many confusing pricing options. Let us know how it turns out for you, Dave!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 4,914 Likes on 2,980 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
I just don't trust pricing that isn't straight-forward. Don't give me buy one, get one free. Just state the price up-front. That's my whole gripe against this outfit. Too many confusing pricing options. Let us know how it turns out for you, Dave!
I have to wear out my Kmart specials first.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
"Under investigation"? By who? Any breathing idiot understands that "as seen on TV" pricing is phony. "Now for a limited time only, we'll send you TWO Amazing Gizmos for no extra cost (except shipping and handling costs)".

What it boils down to is do you thing the product is a decent one (we have no complaints) and are you OK with the true price. If so, buy, if not, don't buy, but lets not pretend that there is anything nefarious going on. The pillows are supportive, they don't mush down much, and they wash up nicely and maintain their form. If you've tried them and don't like them, OK, but if you haven't....
Exactly... when ours wear out we will absolutely be ordering again. Don't really care if we have to pay full price as we did originally. Despite the marketing hype the product delivers as advertised IMHO. Also according to the owner there have been around 250 complaints total and all have been addressed. Not bad considering the millions sold.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Bear in mind, for those who haven't tried it, the pillow does have a somewhat "crumbly" feel to it. It feels like chunks of foam of about 1/2" to 3/4" square in there but we find it comfortable. YMMV.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 AM
tof

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,301 Posts

BBB downgrade and (I think) FTC investigation relate to advertising practices, not product or service.

Anybody using Tempur-Pedic pillows?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw them in Costco yesterday.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
BBB downgrade and (I think) FTC investigation relate to advertising practices, not product or service.

yes and we like them a lot. Nice cradle for your head anf great neck support. We got them for no cost when we bought the last Tempur-Pedic mattress.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 3,494 Likes on 2,362 Posts

Originally Posted by tof

^ see post #18 above.
Works wonderfully, expensive for a pillow, heavy as hell, don't ever get in a pillow fight against someone who has one.