S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

My Pillow

Old 01-12-2017, 12:11 PM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I know you can get a decent twin mattress for the cost of a Tempur-Pedic pillow, but my thinking is that anything that improves one's quality of sleep is probably worth the investment.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
BBB downgrade and (I think) FTC investigation relate to advertising practices, not product or service.

Anybody using Tempur-Pedic pillows?
Yes, we think the Tempurpedic pillows (and mattress, for that matter) are terrific.

Now, about that My Pillow business... Remember that part of their pitch about this being the "Official Pillow" of some specific organization? Something like National Sleep Institute of something like that? Well, guess what? The My Pillow folks OWN this same organization that "happens" to recommend their pillow. Talk about deceptive advertising practices, and no one seems to be pointing this out. Strange that the news media missed this.

Edit: Just checked, it is "The National Sleep Foundation."

Mypillow - The National Sleep Foundation who supposedly ...

Last edited by Len44; 01-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:59 AM

Received 3,500 Likes on 2,367 Posts

tof, in the interest of full disclosure, I actually use two pillows.
The aforementioned tempurpedic is great while sleeping on my back. but it's not really tall.
While On my side, I have a second , a Primaloft Black King which is a polyester fluff style pillow.
It gives a little extra height to straighten out my neck.

for rather obvious reasons ( see Bill's I'm Fat thread) I don't sleep on my belly.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:39 AM

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,620 Posts

I fell into the "My Pillow" trap a couple weeks ago. I wake often with a stiff neck. So, I went with the buy one get one....I ordered the fill recommended for my size. There is no where near enough fill in that pillow. I was able to bunch it up and slept really well for the first few hours, but then woke and could not get comfortable again. I got Rick the "green" fill. He didn't think it had enough fill, so I tried his. Still not happy. I've been on forever hold to find out my options. No one has come to the phone. I also have emailed and have received quick response. They are offering me the Blue Fill. I could get two of those, but if only one of us likes the pillow, I'm stuck with the other one. We paid the equivalent of $45.00/pillow. Not outrageous. I remember paying about $40.00 for a pillow from Sears years ago and I wish I could just get one of those again...

To be continued.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:05 AM

Received 4,934 Likes on 2,992 Posts

LOL when I saw your post; sorry Lainey but you'll understand why shortly.

Donna ordered a set as a surprise for me for Christmas. The one she ordered for me has too much fill. The one she ordered for herself has less, so I have been using it. She plans to undue her's and take out some of the fill.... it's yours if you want to come and get what she doesn't use. I'll have some beers ready for Rick and I'm sure Donna can find a wine you'd like.

I was a tiny bit upset that she ordered them, without making sure it was what I wanted since I knew full well their customer service was piss poor and it would not be worth the trouble to exchange them. According to the sales slip both would have to be returned to do an exchange.

We put ours in the dryer separately for 15 minutes along with a damp washcloth (a note I found on internet)..
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
LOL when I saw your post; sorry Lainey but you'll understand why shortly.

Donna ordered a set as a surprise for me for Christmas. The one she ordered for me has too much fill. The one she ordered for herself has less, so I have been using it. She plans to undue her's and take out some of the fill.... it's yours if you want to come and get what she doesn't use. I'll have some beers ready for Rick and I'm sure Donna can find a wine you'd like.

I was a tiny bit upset that she ordered them, without making sure it was what I wanted since I knew full well their customer service was piss poor and it would not be worth the trouble to exchange them. According to the sales slip both would have to be returned to do an exchange.

We put ours in the dryer separately for 15 minutes along with a damp washcloth (a note I found on internet)..
LOL Dave, it's the thought that counts when giving gifts, right? Yep, I'll be stuck with both as it was a buy one get one promotion. But if either one of us likes "My Pillow" I guess having an extra around isn't the end of the world. We did the dryer thing too...my 'MY Pillow" was still too skimpy on fill. The woman I was dealing with via email tells me she can arrange a return goods authorization by email if I'm not happy with the replacements. You hold on to that beer for Rick and I'll take some type of sweet dessert wine and some popcorn if we ever make it to Michigan. You never know..............
Old 01-15-2018, 11:24 AM

The one she originally got for me was a men's side sleeper, which for me was way too much for a side sleeper. I like mine flat but supportive. I asked her what she originally got for herself and she said a women's for a stomach sleeper - I don't remember that being an option but maybe it was; in any case it seems to be working out ok for me. I've only been using it about a week, so I thought I'd wait to give a review on this thread. She got her's on the same promo - they run that 365 days a year.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:42 AM

Enjoy your girly pillow! We are both side sleepers. Rick's Green fill, side sleeper isn't thick enough for me. I don't like a flat pillow... Supposedly the "Blue" fill one they will ship has 30% more fill. We'll see.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Enjoy your girly pillow! We are both side sleepers. Rick's Green fill, side sleeper isn't thick enough for me. I don't like a flat pillow... Supposedly the "Blue" fill one they will ship has 30% more fill. We'll see.
Ha, ha, ha, didn't know I had a femine side, did you. So were you able to exchange just one? I was going to suggest a smaller pillow case since the fill is self leveling.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for this post. We are in the market for a new mattress and we're also looking at pillows. The "my pillow" ad seems to be on every channel, 24 hours a day.